A U R U M

I BLINK MY EYES OPEN, COLORS SWIM in the corners of my vision. My head throbs and I press a finger to my temple, suppressing a wince. Everything seems bleary and out of focus, the mattress beneath me is soft. I feel heartburn in my chest, my mouth parched and gross. I turn to my side, the sheets rustle beneath my body as I reach for my side drawer to open it to grab an Advil.

I had stashed a supply of them in one of the corners for emergency. Over stressing and insomnia on normal days leave me with wicked headaches and migraines so I use them occasionally. My hand reaches out in open air, I wave it about. But it doesn't touch any drawer.

I scowl, my eyes still closed and mumble explicit things regarding my suitemates and alcohol. Eventhough I didn't have much to drink, I still have a low tolerance of alcohol. I'd hate to see what Kayla is going through right now. I give up and grab the blanket and throw it over my head, contemplating being in bed for the whole day. The headache would fade by night and I could resume my weekend routine then.

For now everyone and everything can go to hell, as far as I am concerned.

I don't even bother to think back to what happened last night. I might've sulked, drank a bit, danced, initiated some drama, had fun, flirted hopefully and thrown a punch at some guy or girl—I wasn't sexist. These were the most probable things to have happened.

The door to my bedroom clicks open and I growl loudly, showing my displeasure.

I want to shout at the person but I have a feeling it'd only increase my discomfort. It's probably Jenny, cool and completely unruffled with no signs of the havoc we went through last night. And at the sight of her, I'll probably damage her aquiline features. Her smooth clear face is the last thing I want to see right now.

Her face.

It triggers some memory in me.

Her face rippling. Moving. Shifting. Changing.

Into a man's.

Klacar.

Klacar. KENJI.

OH MY GOD.

My headache forgotten, I throw the sheet off myself and jump out. It's not my bedroom. My eyes take in everything in a second. The pale walls, low ceiling, a nice pristine and warm surrounding. A mahogany set of chairs at the side of the bed, the peach dyed carpet beneath my soles, fuzzy and dry. Smell of medicines hangs in the air; a hospital. Or maybe a clinic. There is a fair skinned girl frozen in the motion of closing the door behind her. Her face alarmed, eyes tracing my sharp, agile movements.

She looks like she's gonna pass out or scream.

I move without thinking. Before she can make a sound, I jump on her. My hand slams her mouth shut before she can even think of shouting. I close the door with my foot as I press her to the wall beside it, I feel pity stir in me when her grey eyes widen. Her face looks familiar but I don't let it distract me, it could be Klacar in another form. I keep her pressed against the pale wall and don't relent my grip but make sure that I'm not hurting her.

"Where am I?" I hiss lowly.

She shakes her blonde head, her eyes flicker down to my hand pressing against her mouth. She can't answer, I scold myself mentally for my stupid question.