Chapter Three

SUMMER'S P.O.V
Bright lights, white walls. I knew where I was. I hadn't been here in seven years. This was where she was claimed dead, where I was when that monster was proven guilty, when I saw a doctor to recommend a psychologist, when the doctors told me where I'd be living, when I realized that I was going to turn out like my father.
The hospital.
I tried to use my arms to sit up but it hurt so bad. I immediately cried out, I couldn't help it. You'd think coming from an abusive household I'd be used to it but I wasn't. Someone tucked my hair behind my ear but I didn't move. I was scared to.
"Shh, shh. It's okay."
FREDDY'S P.O.V
I watched as she tried to sit up and collapsed back diwn, crying in pain. I immediately ran to her side and tucked her hair out of her face. Tears began to roll down her face.
"Shh, shh. It's okay." I shushed her and sat in the hospital bed beside her. "You lost a lot of blood and they had to operate. They said you'll get better but you'll always have permanent scars from the cuts in your arms. You can barely see any skin on you arm, Summer. What happened?" Tears were now in my eyes. Why? I was trying to figure that out myself as I quickly wiped them away. Summer looked around. Her face lit up when she spotted something and eagerly pointed to it across the room. I turned to look at what she saw. A pen and paper. My heart dropped as I remembered her note.
I don't talk and never will.
Why wouldn't she talk? I just wanted to hear a glimpse of her voice. She must sound like an angel based on the way she looks...
What am I saying? Where is this coming from? Knock it off, Freddy.
I was pulled back into reality and jogged to get the complimentary pen and paper. I went back to my previous spot with her and handed her the supplies. She scribbled something down in her flawless hand writing and handed it to me.
My cat. He absolutely hates me. I'm always left to take care of him since my parents are away.
"Okay." I nodded like I understood. I didn't buy one word of it. Who's cat causes that much damage, no matter how vicious? Why don't herparents just declaw it? It didn't add up.
SUMMER'S P.O.V
Thank god he bought it. How could I be so foolish? He almost found out!
"Where do your parents go?" He asked and handed back the pen and paper.
My dads a pilot and my moms a flight attendant. They usually go together.
The words echoed in my head.
Mom
Dad
Parents
Mom
Dad
Parents
Mom
Dad
Parents
Mom
Dad
Parents
It hurt. It hurt so much. More than the pain in my arms a few minutes earlier. This was a pain in my chest, deep and burning. They were both gone and I wasn't going to see them for a long time. Longer than a long time.

Forever.