Chapter 3 The Coon

After our characters were complete, Kyle, Karen and i, with Sheila's permission, went out to a fabric store. After i bought the necessary materials, i took the kids out for ice cream. Karen got strawberry, i got TigerTail and Kyle got fat free, gluten free, sugar free vanilla frozen yogurt. When we arrived back at the house i began to take measurements. Whenever i needed a distraction at home, i would learn how to make things, so i was more than capable of making some costumes. When i was done with the measurements i set about making the patterns.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/3 hours later/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I stitched the last seem on my costumes mane. Karen and Kyle had already put on their costumes and were showing them to Sheila. I slipped mine on and smiled when i felt the warm insulating fabric i had put in too keep us warm. When the kids went out to play, Shelia came over to me.

"Thank you for all you've done for my nephew and his friend. Its not often that big kids invite them to play with them, let alone stand up to bullies for them. You are always welcome here." she said. I smiled and hugged her quickly. It was nice to know i had a adult i could trust. She patted me on the back and waved to me as i walked out the door.

By the time i had gotten home, i had taken off my costume and fed Mittens. I slipped inside, hearing yelling from upstairs. My stomach ached from hunger and from the beating i had received. The only thing i had eaten today was that ice cream. I sighed and walked into my room, gently setting my costume and character sheet inside the chest at he foot of my bed. I climbed into bed once again.

Tap Tap Tap!

What was that?

I groggily opened my eyes and let out a silent scream at what i saw.

A masked child was sitting in my windowsill. A raccoon like mask sat on his face. Sharp claws glinted in the moonlight. I breathed heavily, unsure of what to do. "Hey, new kid, open up!" he whisper shouted.

I hesitantly opened the window, body tense in case i had to fight. He rolled his eyes at my stance. "Relax new kid, I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here to recruit you!." he said. I tilted my head, confused. He pulled a poster out of one of his pockets. He handed it to me. It was a missing cat poster. Poor thing.

He looked at me again. "I, am The Coon. I am the leader of a group of super heroes called Coon and Friends. We fight crime and try to beat the fucking Freedom Pals in a race to prove who has the superior franchise. This 100 dollar reward could turn the tides new kid, and i think you have what it takes to be a member of Coon and Friends. Human Kites mom told him about how you beat up some 6th graders to help his cousin, so clearly you can kick ass. This cat needs our help new kid, are you up to the challenge?"

Fighting crime? Helping cats? Getting some new friends?

I would have to be brain dead to say no!

I shook his hand, making my choice clear. Coon smiled. "Good, now come sidekick, don your costume and follow me into the night!" he yelled and jumped out the window. I was surprised that he was starting right now, but what ever. I grabbed my costume and swiftly put it on, my character sheet in my pocket. I hopped up onto the windowsill, taking one last glance at my bedroom. I didn't have to worry about my parents.

They wouldn't care or notice if i was gone.