Chapter 15

Ever since I was released from the hospital a month ago, Zander has been at my every beck and call, never leaving me alone. I haven't used him too much, but he said that if he found me doing something like cleaning or getting myself food, he'd be upset.

I know, scary threat, right?

Well, when we first returned from the hospital, I tried to get myself some food and almost fell down the damn stairs. My clumsy ass almost toppled down the stairs but Sam, Zander's beta, saved me.

My foot slipped off the first step, but Sam grabbed my arm before I could continue my harsh fall.

However, I didn't go unnoticed by Zander, as Sam told him everything that happened.

He almost yelled at me that if I were to move, I'd need to call him, so he could help me. We didn't want a repeat of my "almost fatal fall down the stairs".

I could barely go take a shit without him wanting to be there.

The doctor, hopefully, releases my restrictions today, meaning that Zander could go be himself again. I doubt he'd let it drop that easily because he blamed himself for my injuries. He says if he didn't provoke me, I wouldn't have gotten hurt.

But I told him otherwise.

He needed to move on, I'm an alpha female, full-blooded alpha female for that matter.

He told me, and I quote: "I don't care what runs in your blood, I can't have you getting hurt. You mean too much to me and I would rather keep you alive. So, unless we want you to fall to your death, call me."

Stupid, I know.

As of now, I'm currently just chilling on the couch in our room, watching Riverdale on Netflix.

Zander walks in, slightly startling me, with a small smile.

"Ready to go see the doctor, sweetheart?"

I nodded my head and sat up gently. My body was still a little sore, but the doctor said that was normal. He said that I would be a little sore for a bit, especially since I'm getting over my fever.

Oh yeah, I've experiences fevers that are about 2 days in a span. The doctor said that wasn't normal, but that we'd keep an eye on it. It could be the medicine that is causing it, of course, he wasn't worried about it too much since they are in short spans.

I've had like, 4 fever spans since I was released, that could be another reason Zander was so uptight.

The doctor said it could also be because my body is trying to heal it in double time since I am a higher rank of alpha blood.

He said he's never seen it happen, but it could be a possibility.

"Let's go," Zander smiles at me and I wrapped my hand around his bicep. We walked slowly because my leg was still very sore, and I didn't want to hurt it again.

You can never be too cautious.

We began to walk, and it was almost as if he was dragging me, my leg was not having it. It was silently screaming at me to slow down.

"Slow down a little, please?" I pleaded with pain evident in my eyes.

"Sorry," He said, kissing the top of my hair. I leaned up to him and kissed his cheek, barely being able to reach it, however, he bent down a bit for easier access.

I know he would carry me if the doctor didn't tell him otherwise. I know I slow him down every time we walk together, but I've gotten faster, not his pace but faster.