2

The setting was far from the normal ball parties. The chandeliers were glimmering red instead of orange, and the candles that usually gave a mild golden glow, were burning green along the walls.

The musty scent of wood that was filling the air reminded her of the ashes that remained on the woods after burning the body. It was strangely beautiful in her head, and she walked slowly towards the bar area while admiring others and their outfits. Some were the modern version of Satan, and some were impersonating human saviours also known as nurses with red horns.

When she reached the bar, a man wearing a magenta mask greeted her with grey eyes from which the eyeballs were missing. On closer inspection, she found that they were just lenses.

What humans did for attention. She thought to herself.

"What would you like?" the bartender asked in a robot like voice.

"What's today's speciality?" Her voice was sweet as sugar and smooth as silk.

Though she'd already asked her question, the bartender couldn't take his eyes off her. He was captivated with her beauty, even though her face was covered with a golden macramé mask. Only thing that was visible was her eyes and her lips, which were radiantly red.

She cleared her throat in the most ladylike manner, and tapped the surface of the bar twice with her perfectly manicured red nails.

He, then came out of his reverie, and answered, "The devil's blood,"

"Really?" Her eyebrows shot upwards in disbelief.

He answered with a slight shake of his head. He was still looking at her as if he wanted to rip that mask off of her face and be lost in her beauty. His nod full of mesmerized expression satisfied her, and she asked. "Then what is it?" in that same melodious tone she'd used earlier.

Before he could reply, a man whispered "That's just red wine," from her behind, and goosebumps stood out on her arm. That reaction itself surprised her, and she turned around to look at the source.

When she turned around fully, and looked at the man, all her words disappeared in the Halloween-y air. She couldn't help but admire the charm that was in his most devilish avatar, and her eyes swept through him in one go.

He was wearing a black cloak, with black jodhpurs. A red silk kerchief was tied around his neck like a scarf. The horns were gleaming neon in the light, and his two side teeth were larger than others.

She couldn't continue with her intricate examination, as at that moment she found herself looking at his captivating eyes that were alluring and deep. The shiny brown leather mask he was wearing made his eyes stand out even more.

When she gazed at them, she felt like he was asking her to follow him. She would've done that easily in that moment. But then he blinked once, and she regained her composure.

***

The man wasn't sure how to react to the beauty that was standing in front of him either.

When he'd walked into the hall, he wasn't sure how he was going to spend the night. But in the blink of a moment, his eyes had found an angel standing at the bar area with the most elegant golden wings, wearing a golden ball gown, and he decided he was going to spend the evening with her.

Why was he attracted towards her? He'd no idea, but when she turned around after hearing his voice, his heart fluttered, and he found himself staring at her through her golden mask. He never had the desire to taste the red lush lips before as he did now.

It was like all his powers were worthless in the vicinity of her, and he blinked in order to gather his bearings.

"Uh...Red wine?" she asked after a moment. He could feel her brows furrow through her mask.