2- Wall Of Love

It was a beautiful day; winters were showing its effects as the cold breeze hit my face making goose bumps stand on my arms, despite the sweater I was wearing.

I clutched Steve tight, and he, without any word gave me his warmth which always comforted me.

He didn't know where we were going and I liked to keep it that way, until we reached there of course.

I took my feet to that one place where we had first met, Cafe Marlette, here we come.

As I sat foot in the same cafe, memories of that day flooded in my mind and I became nostalgic.

I was enjoying my Gourmet honey and walnut oil sandwich, quiche with a cup of filtered coffee in cafe Marlette.

It was on one of these occasions where people were with their partners, and I was alone, enjoying the most delicious brunch, sipping on my coffee and looking out the window where every other person was holding hands of their partner. It was as if Valentine's Day forced people to put their hearts on their sleeves and be immersed in each other, unaware about everything around them as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Ahem..." an unfamiliar voice broke me out of my thoughts and I turned to see a boy about my age standing near me with a tray of his own.

I was confused as to, why was he here?

"Yes?" I answered politely.

"Mind if I sit here? I guess this cafe is quite full than usual and the only seat vacant is this," he asked casually.

I looked around and sure enough, every other table was filled with couples and I chuckled.

"Yeah, sure," I answered and that's all he needed as he set his try full of food on the table, which was surprisingly same as me, and made himself comfortable opposite me.

"Steve Denis," he extended his hand to me and I shook it gently.

"Grace James," I replied.

"Grace, it's a pleasure to meet you,"

He smiled and a most adorable dimple appeared on his left cheek; despite it being a flaw, it looked like the epitome of perfection.

I just nodded and smiled, unable to form a good enough reply. He was not fazed with my lack of communication skill though and started talking, like we were some long lost friends.

"These are so good, right?" he spoke looking at those sandwiches and I nodded, again while I sipped on my coffee.

He did the same and asked "So Grace, what's a beautiful girl like you doing here all alone on this fine day?"

"Well, I think I am having the most delicious meal and sipping on my coffee," I replied and he chuckled.

"That I can see Gracey, but where is your boyfriend?"

Why would he ask that?

"Umm...Well...I don't have a boyfriend," I replied with a straight face.

I don't know why, but he looked confused as he arched his eyebrows and furrowed them both at the same time. I don't even know how he did that, but he looked charming, and I was not complaining.

"Whoa, I am sorry, I shouldn't have asked that, I mean... break ups can be hard from what I have heard," he started ranting.

In that moment I wanted to laugh at his adorable rant, but I stopped myself and replied with a smile,