Chapter 28: For the Love of God

"Sometimes fear is a warning. It's like putting a on your shoulder saying go no further..."

****

Clyde's PoV

"Ana, how's the updates about our commercial proposal?" I asked my very efficient secretary as I sign the papers on my table.

"Everything is going smoothly according to the plan the Promotions Department have presented to the meeting Sir. The online contest they've carried out for the aspiring fashion designers will soon be done, all that's left is for the judges to choose a design that will be used for the commercial" pagbibigay detalye ni Ana at nilapag sa lamesa ang ilang mga papel na may iba't ibang designs.

"These are the designs the Marketing Department have chosen, total of five distinct designs from different college students who joined the competition"

Isa isa kong tinignan ang mga ito, wala akong alam sa mga ganitong bagay pero masasabi kong magaganda nga ang lahat. They're different style of elegant, flamboyant and extravagant white gowns, hmmm...

I bet my wife would look effortlessly beautiful wearing these gowns.

"What can you say Ana? Anong nagustuhan mo sa mga ito?"

She held her eyeglasses as she scans the designs.

"None" walang interes na sagot niya.

Babae ba talaga ang taong ito? Any women for sure would love to choose and imagine themselves wearing these kinds of gown, right? After all, these gowns will surely cost more than a hundred bucks.

"Yes, they're pretty and perfect but too heavy for my taste. I rather pity the model who's gonna wear one of those" explika niya. Bumalik nanaman siya sa pagiging robot, ano kayang meron kay Eiffel at tila nagiibang anyo ang malamig kong sekretaryang ito pag kasama siya?

Tinawanan ko lamang ang sinabi niya at binalik sa kanya ng mga designs "Tell the Finance Department to submit a project to me tomorrow, we will be sponsoring not just the winner but also the four unchosen designers aside from consolation prices they will recieve, they're all exceptionals but we can only have one winner"

Ngumiti si Ana at lumabas na ng office ko para sundin ang iniutos ko. Sumunod na pumasok ang isa pang ubod ng seryoso sa buhay na assistant ko.

"Carlo! How's my wife doing in SU? I hope she's having an enjoyable college life" pangangamusta ko. Kahit na araw araw kong hinahatid sa eskwelahan si Eiffel ay hindi naman ito nagkwekwento sa akin. Lumapit siya sa akin at inabot ang isang puting folder. Binuksan ko yon at nakita ang ilang mga papales na naglalaman ng mga impormasyon patungkol sa iba't ibang mga tao.

"Madame is fine Sir, natapos niya ng mabilis ang lahat ng examinations niya for her Midterms, also gaining perfect scores on the process. Her professors are expecting that even without Prelims examination, she'll be on the top of her block" that thing is to be expected, that's my wife we're talking about after all.

Tumango tango ako "So what are these papers for?"

"List of people the miss usually spends her time with Sir"

Binuksan koi to para tignan ang mga letrato "Hmm... The Valereo sisters, I know them all so it's fine"

"Yes Sir. This is the chart stating the time she spends with them, I also included the places where they hang out" he handed another paper.

I studied the well detailed chart for a long time and knotted pointing out certain part "She spends her 2 hours vacant every Tuesday and Thursday with this certain Denver Orillio? In the Art Club Room?"