Prologue

Ponyboy's POV

Nothing has been the same since we lost Johnny.

It's killing me.

The gang is falling apart, and it's my fault. Most of the time, they avoid me.

Darry and Soda only talk to me if they're getting on my case about something. Two-Bit and Steve ignore me at school, even if they see that the Socs are picking on me. Dally's in the cooler, so I don't ever see him.

The Socs hate me even more than before since I was involved in the death of Bob. Cherry ignores me and acts like we never even met. 

Randy is the only Soc who doesn't hate me. After our talk, we became friends. He's tried to get the other Socs to stop messing with me, but they still won't listen. They're convinced I made Randy go soft and become my bitch.

I hate that they're doing this, but I get it. It's my fault that Bob is dead. If I hadn't run away in the first place, they wouldn't have attacked us, and Johnny wouldn't have stabbed Bob to save me.

It's all my fault that things happened the way they did.

Everyone hates me, and I'm even starting to hate myself. 

I don't know how much longer I can take this. With Soda turning into Darry, Two-Bit and Steve ignoring me every time we're in the same vicinity, and the Socs becoming more hateful with every passing day, it's becoming near impossible.

I've become depressed, and no one is going to help me. I'm on my own.

Then there's the fact that I started cutting and starving myself because I feel like I deserve it. Two-Bit and Steve have already caught on, but Darry and Soda are oblivious. Even if they did notice, they wouldn't give a hang. 

No one cares that I'm suffering, and I'm ready to end it once and for all.

~~~

A/N: Hey everyone! I've decided that I'm going to rewrite this story because I feel like it needs more details. Also, I know I said that I was going to rebrand and start over on another account, but I've decided that I'm just going to stay here.

Stay Gold,

Beth