Chapter 2- 10 years later

10 years later...

"No," I whispered into thin air as I stared back at the mirror, "I am beautiful, no matter what you say," I stated it again louder this time, trying to override the voice and drown it out with my own. "You don't control me, I am myself and I am beautiful, no matter what you say!"

"But you are ugly, you are worthless, you are mine and I control you, you are nothing. Do you hear me, you are nothing! And everyone hates you for that."

The voice darkening the box in my mind, the one it had trapped me in years ago, yet I still had hope and belief as a wall until that shield began crumbling too.

"You ... are ... nothing." At this, my tears leaked through and I fell into a heap on the brown, fluffy carpet. I looked at the necklace from the only person who had ever loved me, Mom gave it to me on the night she died. Does she still love me?

"No ... she never loved you, she can't love a nothing, can she?" It whispered, as though it had read my thoughts. With that, I ripped the necklace off and threw it against the violet painted walls of my cell-like bedroom. This just made the raindrops fall faster, no one cares, no one wants an ugly, worthless nothing. No one wants me.

Sienna was wrong someone did want her, two people actually. Her mother who was always watching and him. He always was there looking after her, after all, he does love her. Being her best friend did have some perks just not all the ones he wanted. He realised that on the day her Mom died as she came rushing to him, with unshed tears trapped in her eyes. She came to him, and no one else, in that moment he knew he could never see her cry again and that he would do anything to protect her ... anything.

Whispering made its way towards my ear, flowing in one side of my head and out of the other. My mind not making head nor tails of the hushed words, but I knew something was wrong. I began fighting this thing, my tears drying up, in an instant with my concentration.

"Possidebit." Possess.