Set Away From The Rest (Chapter 1)

I don't know exactly how, or when, this shit started but I know it was about 5 years ago. Back in eighth grade, when I was fifteen years old, I was a wild child. Black long sleeve shirts, black skinny jeans, black knee high boots with silver buckles rapping the whole way up and around them, and dark make-up all the time was my style. Bone straight hair that was fire red, bold lips that where always soft, insanely pale skin almost as white as peace of paper, size DD thirty eight bra.  I always looked like that. As you can probably assume, my favorite holiday was Halloween. God, did I love Halloween. But that's beside the point. The point is that's when this outbreak started, people went crazy. Stealing, breaking into places, killing the living.
As I'm scanning my surroundings, I see a beautiful girl with long wavey blond hair down to her ass, freckles across the bridge of her nose, purple eyes, all black clothes, and dark make-up. She looked in trouble. Running was not one of my specialty's, unfortunately, plus I was in knee night boots with six inch heels.
"FUCK THIS SHIT!" I bowl at the top of my lungs and swing my boots off so I can get to her quickly. In my defence, I hate everything about humanity, but there was just something about her. I know - so cheesey to say that but it was true.
Luckily, I have great upper body strength, which made it easy to pick her up and take her out of that hell hole.

  "What's your name?"
    "Cate. What's your name, bitch?"
     "Why do you call me a bitch? And my name is Elinor."
      "Well, Elinor, I am forever in your debt, I thank you greatly and with great pride as well."
"You don't owe me a thing, Cate."
After several hours of driving, neither one of us said a word. It was a painful and intolerable silence. Then it became so God damn unbearable that I started to panic a little then I said...
"Do you just want to stop and get some rest?"
"Yes, I would like that. Thank you."
"Welcome. Just don't get used to it."
I said in a semi rude voice on accident.
"Believe me, I won't."
She reciprocated but it was cute and funny when Cate did it.
"Good, I just have one question. Why have you been quite for the past 7 hours?"
"Because Elinor, I've had butterfly's in my tummy since you told me your name."
"Seriously?"
I said in shock, surprise, and happiness because I think she likes me and I think I want to ask her out.

...

I really hope you all enjoyed the story so far; I hope you guys thought it was much more detailed as well. I'm going to try and put a new chapter up every Monday-Wednesday. Thank you for understanding that I don't really edit or have anyone else edit my prologues and if you want me to start doing so then just leave a comment.
                         Yours truly,
                               Breanna W.