The Beginning

Third person

Nico had been growing powerful. More powerful than Percy Jackson ever would be, and he was barely 14. It happened suddenly. He literally woke up with extreme power when he was 12. He hid the new powers. He made himself pass out, collapse, get injured, or used his powers to near exhaustion before hand. It got worse after the Athena statue incident. He had used it all before hand, and he nearly became a shadow, making him part shadow. He was confused. However, the more he looked the issue up anywhere, the more he worried. He was supposed to be dead. No one should've survived becoming part shadow. It was literally impossible.

Things only got weirder.

He realized it a couple years later....

When he realized he'd stopped aging.

Everyone commented on it. The gods probably knew. He looked exactly the same as he had three years ago.

His powers were as strong as a god now.

He began to gain new abilities just as strong. (such as telepathy, traveling in a flash of light, etc...)

Monsters stopped attacking him.

He decided it was a coincidence. There was no way.

Then he got a bloody nose.

Bleeding golden ichor.

This is bad.

Those were Nico's thoughts as he ran throughout the camp, ichor dropping from his fingers, as he ran to the Big House. Hopefully Chiron will help him, and Mr. D wouldn't notice. He ran sobbing. The campers stared in shock either because of the golden liquid, or the fact he sobbing. Probably both.

Dionysus who sat on the porch, was drinking coke, when Nico came.

"Go away-" he started then looked up. Nico's eyes were bloodshot from crying, but that's not what Dionysus was looking at. He stared in shock, as Nico stared back, tears flowing down his face, and immortal ichor flowing freely from his nose.

"What happened?!" Dionysus finally made out.

"I - I don't know!" Nico sobbed, "I don't know." Nico curled up into a ball. Tears streamed down, mixing with his blood. Nico hugged his legs to his chest. Dionysus caught another glimpse of the ichor flowing from his nose, "this wasn't supposed to happen! I wanted to be reborn! To hopefully rejoin my sister in another life! I... I want to stay with my friends. I want to live, and die. I want to know I'll have peace!" Nico sobbed. The ichor was staining his pants, the nosebleed was dripping a bit less than before as it was slowly healing, but the damage had been done.

Dionysus was in shock. How do you comfort a seventeen year old that had just found out everything he knew just went out the window? He was immortal now, and he couldn't even stay in camp half blood, his home, anymore. Not to mention Dionysus didn't know what Zeus was going to do. He couldn't kill the boy now, but he wouldn't let him be free either! Dionysus sensed extreme waves of power radiating off the boy as well, ones that suggested he was as powerful as one of the big three.

Dionysus chose to run and get Chiron.

"What's wrong?" Chiron asked standing up when Dionysus burst into the room, in shock.

"I think you need to see this." Dionysus said panting and out of breath.

Chiron followed Dionysus worriedly, to see the sobbing Nico.

"Child, what's wrong?" Chiron asked.

Keeping his head down on his knees, Nico was muttering between sobs.