Chapter 15-Little Things

"Ads... Addie! Wake up, we're landing." I open my eyes to see Uncle Zayn leaning over a sleeping Freddie. "wake up, Freddie and don't go back to sleep again." Uncle Zayn says before moving over to the other side of the aisle to wake up Kayla, who was sitting by her self. We had barely spoken since our encounter the other night and I still had no clue what to make of it. I felt like I was too young to be stressing over these feelings. Besides, I had other feelings to deal with. Like the fact that in 48 hours, after my Dad's last U.S. concert I was going to get to see my mom.

"Hey, Ads, you okay?" As I come back out of my clouds of endless thoughts, I find my dad, Uncle Louis, Uncle Zayn, Kayla and Freddie all watching me.

"Um, yeah totally fine. Shall we go?" They nod and make their way, but I feel someone's eyes on me and glance to my left to see Kayla watching me carefully. "I'm fine Kayla, really let's go."

"I'm here for you, I hope you know that." I nod and motion for her to go first, as I follow her and everyone else off the plane. I take a deep breath and try to mentally prepare myself for what is to come.

As we walk through the airport the first thing I notice is how sunny it is outside in comparison to London. It all looks so amazingly beautiful. I can't help but smile, I love LA it was my home, the place I grew up. Maybe someday when I'm older, I'll move back here and go to college here. Meet my one true love and live happily ever after.

"Enjoying the view love?" Uncle Louis asks as he comes up behind me. I nod and turn to smile at him. "It's nice to be back," I say glancing over at my dad who is signing the back of somebody's shirt.

"Lou, we need to get going, the crowd outside is crazy and security can only hold them for so long," Dad states glancing at me. "You'll be okay love, just stay close yeah?" I nod and slip my hand into his giving it a squeeze. He squeezes back and we head towards the exit.

The loudness of the crowd gets more and more intense as we approach closer and closer to the exit and as we step outside the noise is deafening. I shield my eyes against the sun and try to ignore the fans and focus on the blazing heat. But that doesn't help, instead, it makes me start to sweat like crazy which makes me think of my anxiety as my palm gets slick. I glance to my left and my feet freeze.

It's him again, it's that pap from New York. Why the hell does he keep following me! The ringing starts in my ear and black spots pop across my vision as if I was staring at the sun for too long. I need to focus on something, something that will keep my calm.

My dad, I glance up at him, he's looking straight ahead smiling slightly as he guides us towards the car. I focus on his hand in mine and give it a gentle squeeze to which he squeezes back. Glancing down at me, he takes in my sweaty, flushed face and the rising panic in my eyes. Bringing my hand up to his lips he kisses it, then without warning lifts me up. I'm quite petite for my age and since he is quite strong, he holds me against him without any effort at all.

I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. Pressing my face into his shoulder and take in his scent, which instantly calms me.

And before I know it, we're in an air-conditioned car, he whispers gentle words to me and I realize in that moment that while my breathing has calmed as well as my heart rate, I'm crying.

I pull away from him and brush away my useless tears. "Where's everyone else?" I wonder aloud realizing that we are alone in the car.

"They went in a separate car, I have to be at the venue early and thought we could spend some time together. Is that alright?"

"Thank you, Dad. For taking me with you. It means a lot!" I smile at him, leaning into his side. He kisses the top of my head and turns to look down at me.