Just a love letter...

Update: Teratophile has come a long way since I wrote this letter for the readers, including a name change, but I want to say that all of these sentiments remain true. Thank you for reading.

I'll start this by saying I hate Author's notes. Don't get me wrong, I believe Authors have a lot to say, and Author's notes are important. I'm just one of those people who loses focus after the first three sentences. (There's 3... 50% chance I'd be out, but you stayed so thanks!)
This is why I rarely leave notes at the ends of my chapters, and the ones I do last a sentence or two. However, I had to take the time today to share something immensely exciting to me, and to thank you as a reader.

 However, I had to take the time today to share something immensely exciting to me, and to thank you as a reader

So I logged on to take notes for the next chapter today when I found that little badge. Top 1000 in Fantasy, which is a pretty big genre on Wattpad. Maybe I'm silly, but this made me very happy.
You see, I started this book 31 days ago. Cruised onto Wattpad without any idea what I was doing, and I found books. So I thought, "Hell, let's share one of those day-dream stories that are dancing around the ol' noggin." I wrote the first three chapters in one sitting and published them one after the other before going to bed.

After spending the next morning designing a corny cover and giving the book a cliché name (since changed), I was hooked. What I never expected, in a million years, was for anyone to read this.

You did.

Kind of a lot of you did.

I know there's books with more votes than Lycosophile's read count, and sometimes they aren't even the popular ones, but having one person read this makes me feel like I'm made from star dust, sun light, and everything that shines.

So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for taking the time to click. To click again at the bottom of the page and see that next chapter. To smack that star, and type a few words about how that sentence brushed up against something inside you. I have this story now, and sharing it with you folks is an honor.
So who the heck cares about the numbers?

Not me.

But the numbers are a reminder of the bigger things, and because of that I'll cherish them.

Best wishes,
-QR

(October 30, 2017)

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR BEING THE BEST READERSHIP I COULD HAVE HOPED FOR!
-QR