Second Chance 9

17 TEENA

"Its your turn Teena..." they cheered. "Ok let me see, go there at the stage and sing for us a song" said June as he pointed at the trio at the corner.

I turned to look at Danny, waiting for him to rescue me...but instead he stood and pulled me gently out of my seat as they cheer. "I know you can sing cuz...show them what you got" smiling at me. He knows that singing is one of my stress relievers...

I approached the stage with Danny. He requested the song Photograph by Ed Sheeran...he even get himself another guitar to support me...my dear Danny...he doesnt leave me always...so we tested the sounds and given the signal to start...I closed my eyes and started to sing...

"Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive..."

Everybody applauded after the song, some whistled and asked for more. I just smiled and thank them all. Danny and I went back to our seats. They all liked my cover of the Photograph. Ben even took a video of it, teased that he will post it in facebook...then we continued our game...

I felt light, knowing that Im appreciated and that they accepted me in their group.

******

AN:

A song is the voice of the heart...listen to its singer and you'll know their thoughts and feelings...

******

18 PATRICK

It was quite late but Im bored to death, I decided to go down to bar at the ground floor of this building. Living at the pent house is more peaceful than in a villa at the resort. Yes, the Peyton Resort and Casino, the very reason why I voluntary exiled myself here. To be away from my father, my personal (tor)mentor in the business world. The one who pressured me to take business management and to be with that witch...hmmm how long will I suffer for this? Its making me mad...

I will just sit here at the bar have a shot or two and listen to the acoustic music...soothing to the ears, not noisy and upbeat. Just right for my aching head...

"Uhmmm...nice, soothing voice we have here. Do you have a new singer?" I ask the bartender...Im trying to get a glimpse of the singer, but I cant because the stage is on the other side of the bar...all I can do is listen and enjoy the sound. I smiled to myself because I have Teena in mind while Im enjoying the song. How would she sound if she will sing?...

Clap and cheers followed when the singer stopped. It shows that she is with them.

A guy, one who played the guitar, is approaching the bar. "One bottle of water please...not cold." He ordered and smiled at me. "Its for the girl", he said...

"Your girlfriend has a beautiful voice, she should try American Idol or the Voice", I said. He chuckled and shake his head " she is my cousin, that one on the red shirt is my wife. Are you a talent agent or something? Perhaps you should meet her".

"Im not agent but I do appreciate good singers. By the way Im Rick..." extending a hand to him. "Im Danny, would you like to join us? You look alone" he offered.

I pick my glass and walked with him to the table. As we approach them, I can see that they are a group of couples having a good time. Playing a game of truth or dare...it might be a mistake to take his offer. Well I just want to meet the singer...I'll bail out if I dont like the company anyway...

"Hey Teena! You got a fan here...he wants to meet you. Guys! This is Rick. He is asking about Teena here..." Danny introduced me to the group and to...to...Teena?! She was the singer awhile ago? Teena...sang the most beautiful version of Photograph!

Brown eyes met me, and I can see that she is surprised to see me here...

******

AN:

So Patrick's flashbacks and discovery about Teena are something...