one

I know it's a filler chap. but after 2-3 chaps things will be more clear and good.
Enjoy!

Chapter 1

Alyssa's pov

There was one thing standing between me and my love, and that was chemistry homework. This was the last thing I had to do before I could sleep. When it comes to homework, I am so lazy, I procrastinate as much as I can.

Basically I procrastinate in everything I can, as much I can.

It's 10 o'clock now and I should probably sleep. Mom's at work and I have eaten hours ago.

So my mom's a doctor which means I can do whatever I want, and she is not in my life much. And no, I am not an only child, I have an elder brother who is also out of the picture.

Thinking of my brother sobers me up and now I am not that much sleepy because memories come flooding in my brain. Memory after memory. Picture after picture. Good days. Bad days. But at the end I realized that I miss my brother so badly. My real brother.

I tried to shrug my feelings off and opened my notebook. But my mind was far away, far far away.

This is what memories do, they don't let you concentrate instead they take whatever they can take from you. You forget all the good things, and at the end you end up broken.

But there's a long journey to the end; on the way, these memories torture you with a series of endless questions; like "what if I did that instead of that?" "what if I didn't do anything at all?" "what if I had never been born?" "would it have been better that way?"

I closed my book, there was no way I could do my homework now. The best option is that I'll wake up an hour early tomorrow.

So, I set the alarm in my phone and went to the bed. I tried not to think about everything and anything. Finally, after some time, I slept.

**************

I was surviving a zombie apocalypse when I heard the doorbell ringing. I looked everywhere but all I could see were the dead zombies that I had killed and some lurking here and there. Suddenly I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Only then I realized it was my alarm and that was just a dream.

Damnit! I was going to kill the zombie. I checked my phone, it was 6:01 with a reminder that I have to do my chemistry homework.

After one hour of constant struggle, I finished my homework and walked to the bathroom to get ready for school.

I showered and stood in front of my closet to find a something that is presentable. I picked a white tee that says love yourself along with a pair of jeans, denim jacket and sneakers.

After changing into my clothes, I applied some make up. I am not a big fan of makeup but my morning face is just horrible.

"Good morning!" my mom called from the kitchen as I went downstairs .

"Oh, Good morning," I said putting my bag on the couch and entered the kitchen."You're back."

"Yeah, just came back about an hour and a half ago," my mom said taking something out of the oven. "Look, I made some muffins for you."