19.

a/n - find the panic! at the disco reference

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a loud ringing noise spread throughout my apartment, waking me up suddenly. i rub my eyes groggily and look around, noticing joji wasn't there. finally, i push my tired body off of the ground and go to search for the noise. it was coming from my alarm clock, which joji had probably set. i turn it off then scroll through all of my notifications.

a bunch of the notifications were comments from my followers asking where i had been. guilt crept through my system and i shrugged it off and went to check messages. i saw a couple from my mother telling me that she loved me and i quickly texted back before opening a message from quinn.

quinn: AOH MY GODSA[

quinn: HWY DIDNT U TERLL ME

me: what??

quinn: COME TO WORK

curiosity took over me and i left into my room to get changed. this time, i threw on my work outfit first. i amble out my front door and skip down the stairs, ready to hear what quinn had to say. the cold air of new york hit me in the face as i walked out, and i started on my way to work. no taxis, or ubers if i wanted to help joji pay for the tickets.

the bell above the door to the coffee shop rang as i walked inside. quinn saw me and her eyes grew to the size of the moon.

"(y/n)!" she yelled, running over to me.

the eyes of the customers followed her, but she never cared. her hand wrapped around me wrist, and she turned around pulling me towards the break room. i was dragged inside and she threw herself onto one of the beige couches.

"you're with joji?!" she sounded surprised, but still had a large smile plastered on her face.

"what do you mean?" i said, knowing what she meant. i also had a cheesy smile growing on my face.

"(y/n)! joji told me! i'm so-" she squealed, then jumped up off the couch and hugged me.

i loved quinn, but this much happiness was overwhelming in the morning. i wrapped my arms around her, awkwardly, then pulled away.

"it's really not a big deal," i mumble, my cheeks turning pink.

she smirks at me, squeezes me one more time, then heads back out into the main lobby, a hitch in her step. i follow after her, and take my place behind the counter. the bell rings many times and people begin to line up in front of the cashier. as soon as i get an order, i begin to make drinks and get food.

i stay later, and finally leave the coffee shop at four pm. who knew so many people wanted coffee at four. i pulled the apron off, after i take my phone out, and throw it on my arm. i had a couple spills on it, from the busy work day. i switch my attention from my phone to where i was going every few seconds. as i'm crossing the street, i feel a buzz in my hand.

joji: (y/n) pack ur stuff up tonight and then get something cute on

me: ???

joji: please do it

i shrug, then walk in front of my apartment, entering it two seconds later. the elevator rings and a few people step out. i decide to take it, since it seemed to be working alright. i climbed into the elevator, then clicked my floor, and sat back to wait. it finished, and i stepped out, grabbing my key out of my pants pocket. i unlocked my door and skipped into my bedroom.

i checked the texts again, confused, then went to get ready. i knew what the "pack your stuff up" part meant, but i was confused on the "put something cute on." oh well.

the bathroom door creaked as i opened it, and i walked inside, opening my makeup case. i threw on a small amount of makeup and pulled my hair into a bun, making it slightly messy on purpose. joji said to look cute not dressy. so, i threw on a pair of white washed ripped jeans, and an old panic! t-shirt. i checked the mirror one last time then heard a knock at my front door.

joji appeared in the door way and i smiled. he had on a blank maroon shirt and some black skinny jeans. i bit my lip as my eyes scanned over him and he laughed suddenly.

"like what you see?" he asked.

my face grew hot and i nodded, a chuckle escaping my lips.

"you look cute," i say.

"as do you," joji smiles at me.

he reaches out his hand and i take it, pulling the door shut behind me. we walk down the stairs together, when i finally strike up a conversation.

"where are we going?" i ask.

"gramercy tavern," he says, his eyes still forward.

i pull on his hand slightly, making him stop, "joji! that's so expensive."

he grinned at me, then bit his lip, "i know. that's why i'm paying."

"joji," i dragged out his name, "you're already spending a lot on the plane tickets!"

his grin grew, and he brought his lips to mine, quieting me instantly. i lean into the kiss, melting. we get locked into our own world, until i hear someone purposely clear their throat. i pull back, and look over to see an older man sitting in the lobby, a newspaper in hand. he laughs when he sees our faces go bright red.

"sorry!" i squeak, then take joji's hand and drag him out of the building.

joji begins to laugh, and i playfully slapped his shoulder.

"no more kissing in public," i said.

he formed puppy dog eyes, then pulled my hand up to his lips and kissed it.

"you'll go back on your word, (y/n)," joji said, teasingly.

i mumbled an "mhm" with a smile still plastered on my face.

"well let's go. i have reservations," joji purred at me.

my face somehow got brighter from the tone of his voice. we headed down the sidewalk, hand in hand, and i managed to only trip once.