❧ Chapter III

I woke up with a start. Zoe is tickling me with a feather on my feet. I glared at her and she laughed and went to the bathroom to take a bath. Its the first day of classes and I'm nervously excited. I got up and looked at my window; its still dark. I fetched my satchel and checked the things I need.

"Aly, you awake?" She screamed from the bathroom.

"You bet!" I said. "I'll be making hot choco. Want some?"

"Yes, sure. Thanks!" I went outside and headed to the small stall on the end of the ground floor dorms.  There were two people there, three including me.

"Good morning, miss." The woman said,smiling.

"Do you have hot chocolate?" I asked her.

"Yes we have." She said as she checked a box full of sachets. "With marshmallows or none?" 

"With marshmallows. Oh, two orders please. Thanks!" I chuckled. I sat on a chair beside the plant box. I glanced outside and I saw the beautiful sun rising in skies. Its the first day of my college life, I hope it will be beautiful.

"Here you go!" The lady said as the sun was on the sky. I grabbed the two cups and thanked her. As I go outside, people were looking at me and then I realized I was still wearing my pyjamas! I looked down and continued walking until I reached Room 108. 

"Here you go!" I said to Zoe giving her the cup. 

Zoe smiled as she took the cup from my hand. I took a sip of my hot chocolate before I put the cup on a table and rushed to the bathroom. I couldn't believe that I was still wearing my pajama when I went downstairs to buy these hot chocolates.

A few minutes later, both Zoe and I had changed clothes and we were in our uniforms now (you can change this part if they don't have uniforms at their school). Our first class was.....and it was not that bad. I was not that lucky 'cause Greta was sitting right next to me at first class and she kept on starring at me, she obviously hated me.

Anyway, it was already evening when Zoe and I were sitting at the yard together. We were talking about our teachers and the students.

"I think there's something wrong about Greta," Zoe suddenly said.

I realized she was looking at Greta, who was starring at both of us. Greta was standing with her two friends, Greta seemed...unfriendly.

"She keeps on starring at me at first class," I told Zoe. "I think she hates me...a lot."

Zoe raised one her eyebrows. "Really? She's weird, huh?" she muttered. "Oh, look, there's Clark!"

I frowned as I looked to the direction where Zoe was looking. Clark was there, jogging toward both of us. A smile was plastered on his face, showing his cute dimples. Wait, did I just say 'cute'?!

"Hey, guys," he greeted nicely. "I mean, girls."

"Hello, Clark," Zoe shouted.

"Hi," I muttered, I didn't even think he could hear me. "H-H-How are you?"

Clark grinned. "Good, what about you?"

"Not that good," Zoe replied. "Because trouble's coming." 

She was right, Greta and her two best friends were coming. Greta brought a cup of...something, I wondered on where she got that. Greta was actually marching toward us, her eyes showed some sort of anger.

Zoe stepped closer to me, standing right beside me, as if she was going to push me away so that I could dodge that...SLUSHIE! Before I knew it, cold slimy blue slushie was all over us. Both me and Zoe had slushie all over our faces. I glanced at Zoe, she was as shocked as I was.

"What was that for?" Zoe shouted.

Greta smiled evilly, raising her shoulders. "Isn't it obvious?" she said. "I hate you two." Greta's eyes moved to Zoe now. "Especially you, you little...Boyfriend...Stealer."

I couldn't help not to giggle, those words that came out of her mouth were funny.

Zoe gave her a mocking smile. "Really? Is that the best word that you can come up with?" she mocked. "He chose me, Greta, not you so face it."

I had to speak now. "But...past is past," I reminded them with a shivering voice, I was cold.

Greta's eyes now moved to me, what have I done?

"Seems like you have become just like Mackenzie," she whispered as she glanced at Clark. "Are you going to steal him from your best friend Heather, too? Just like how MacKenzie..."

"Okay, enough!" Clark interrupted. "Back off, Greta. Leave us alone!" 

And with that, Clark escorted us back to our rooms before he went back to his own room. Zoe and I hurried to change clothes, we spent the night talking about Greta and Zoe's rivalry. Zoe didn't seem to care much about the whole 'boyfriend' thingy, but seems like she was very angry with Greta, for other reason.

"Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy..."

What was that? I opened both of my eyes to find Heather dancing and singing to 'Tik Tok' by Kesha to wake me up. She was dancing, she was hilarious!

"What are you doing?" I asked, giggling.

"Put my glasses on, Im out the door - Im gonna hit this city (Lets go)!" she kept on singing, pulling me from my bed 'till I stood. She pushed me all the way to the bathroom, in front of the mirror. Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack Cause when I leave for the night, I aint coming back!"

She finally stopped and we both laughed together, in times like this I wondered on how I could be afraid of Zoe. I remembered the first time I came here, when Zoe freaked me out but...seeing her acting like this...what's to be afraid of?

Once we were dressed, we left our room and headed to class. We were still in the hallway of our dormitory when we heard a loud scream that stopped our steps. Zoe and I looked at each other, Greta's roommate, whose name I didn't know, came running. She kept screaming as sh pulled us into her room. 

I could see on why she was screaming now. There she was, Greta, on her bed with blood all over her face. Her eyes opened and her mouth too. I couldn't help but scream, Zoe pulled me into her arms and the two of us stepped out of the room while the other girls started coming.