Chapter 2- A New Friend

Murdoc sat down in the cafeteria and ate his food. He looked around, and saw Russel and Del walking to his spot. He froze, not knowing what to do.

"Hey, uh, can we sit with you?" Russel asked. "I saw that we were in the same class, so I thought that I could try making a new friend, so I started with you."

Murdoc stared at them and nodded.

"What's your name?" Del asked as he sat across from Murdoc.

"Uh, Murdoc." He responded.

"You're Murdoc, hu?" Russel said sitting next to the grumpy kid.

Murdoc felt flustered, but continued eating anyway.

"Does anyone else sit with you?" Asked Del.

"No. People are too scared of me." Murdoc sighed. "But I'm fine with it."

"Well, I'm not scared of you." Russel said, putting his hand on Murdoc's shoulder.

Murdoc's face turned a light red and he tried to hide his face.

"What's wrong." Russel asked.

"I-It's nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

Russel looked down at the table. "Do you... Want to be friends with me and Del?"

"I don't know. I've never had a friend before. No one dares to go near me. Too afraid I'll beat 'em up."

"But, how is hour nose broken then?" Del wondered, pointing to Murdoc's misshapen nose.

"Nothing. I fell down the stairs." Murdoc lied, acting tough.

"Did it hurt?" Russel asked worryingly while turning Murdoc's head towards him.

"Uh..." Murdoc blushed a bit more. "N-No. I'm really good at handling pain."

"C'mon, it had to have hurt a little bit." Russel said before he continued eating.

"Like I said, I'm tough."

"Oh, okay. Well, I have a question for you." Russel leaned over to Murdoc's ear. "Do you want to hang out in the park after school? Just me and you?" He whispered so Del wouldn't hear.

Murdoc nodded and smiled a bit.