Strength

"Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from indomitable will."
-Mahatma Gandhi

After the plane took off, I yawned to pop my ears from the pressure built up over the change of elevation from the plane's upward trajectory. It's a neat trick I learned from Sam on our way to Dallas and now, four days later, I'm going back to Louisiana and with my vampire maker in tow instead of Sam. It's been a few hours since the sun had set and since Godric and his nest mates walked in on my locking lips with Jax, luckily it wasn't a long show for them. I didn't feel the need to explain myself and therefore I didn't, I didn't even blink an eye when I touched myself in front of Godric, so I just played it off like it was just my hyped up libido to blame. Besides, the way Godric seemed to be more in tune with my dried tear-stricken face I doubt he was even mindful of my arms detaching from Jax and the roses I held in my hands. Although Stan-- who I wasn't properly introduced to till some time later-- made some cheeky comment, something to the effect of how I effectively managed my day.

I'm surprised at how easily Godric agreed to not only let me go to Shreveport but how quickly he had booked a plane from Anubis to take off within the hour. Of course, when we arrived at the hangar, we had to wait twenty more minutes for them to finish gassing up the plane since everything was last minute. It was a precious time that could've been wasted if not for the donor that arrived and instead turned the time productively in feeding. Apparently, there was a rule about not being able to feed on the plane because of the high elevation that could cause the donors to get an unstable blood pressure and cause further damage to their health.

Now that the plane has taken off and my bloodlust been sated, Godric makes use of his time calling Eric to let him know of our early arrival and the situation that stimulated our impromptu trip. From what I gather, much like my maker-- Eric's a sheriff of area 5 and we need to report to him in person if we were to enter his area as all vampires must. Luckily, we get the family perks of being able to just call him on the phone and be done with it without having to go through the proper channel. Thank goodness for good fortunes.

When Godric hung up with parting words from what sounds like a Nordic language, he turned his attention to me which felt like I was under a spotlight and fortunately, I was curious rather than nervous.

"Are you still in need of blood Sookie?" He asked, but I couldn't sense whether if it's out of concern or just a conversational thought, his countenance and our connection was either closed off or dimmed.

"I'll be fine, thanks." I smiled to back my words but my eyes automatically wondered off to the insulated bag underneath the console of the plane's provisionary livingroom along with a bag of clothes Isabel had given me. I even managed to change to an attire fitting the season, with a sweater and black jeans. Godric kept a knowing eye on me despite my mind's distraction and I felt a sudden interest blossom out of thin air.

"I see that the sun did not have the same effect on you as it would to any vampire." He observed without his gaze straying away. I nodded in agreement.
"And I also didn't bleed from being awake," I added as an afterthought.
"And from tears, I see," he provided adding his observation while I just went on nodding, my mind somewhere in Lifecare Hospital where Jason said Gran was in ICU.

"Jax seems quite taken with you," Godric mentions after a while.

"We formed a friendship," I raised my shoulder nonchalantly.
"...he cooked me breakfast and made me coffee, we talked and I asked him to get me a bag of blood...or few, and he comforted me with distractions." I felt something in what I've said interested Godric.

"You can consume human food?" Ah...I forgot other vampires couldn't. I smiled then, happy to relay to my maker the interesting information I attained during the day minus Jax and his secrets.