Surprise

Nani

"Girl go talk to him! He's been eyeing you since we were sophomores and tomorrow is graduation day. You better get that before somebody else do," my best friend Trace said to me.

I shook my head, "I don't know Tra, he seems like a player. Can we just go to class?" I suggested.

"Go to class for what? It's the last day of school,we already passed... Bitch, if you don't go talk to him then I will." Trace brushed past me and walked towards Tyree.

Trace put some sway in her hips. Oh my goodness my best friend was a mess. I love her to death though, she's the only girl at Kennedy High who never switched up on me.  We had almost every class together freshmen year and we've been close ever since. It's been a real ride-or-die friendship. I watched Tyree and Trace from afar. She was smiling, showing off her pearly white teeth. I didn't know what they were saying, but Tyree looked towards my direction and smiled. He looked so good. Standing real tall with a slight muscular build. He was a panty wetter for real. Tyree had a real strong jawline with brown skin and pink lips. I love when he licks them so effortlessly, all the while stroking his beard. He's real eye candy but he had a hood side to him. He was so tantalizing. I can't stare at him for too long, I began feeling wet in between my legs and no man has ever had the luxury of exploring.

Trace called me over. Oh hell no. I started walking towards the two, but my knees felt like they were bound to give up on me. Perspiration began to gather around my baby hairs and my hands started to get clammy. I never sweat. I've never been this nervous.

"I'll leave you two alone. See you later at your house girl." Trace walked away blending in with the crowd. I focused my attention back on this fine, brown-skinned man. Damn, he's so sexy now I know why girls act the way they do.

"What's good Nani? Why you been ignoring me?" He asked, putting on a sly grin.

"Me... me, ignore you? Nah, I just..." I was interrupted by a girl coming in between us two.

She bumped me trying to get in the middle of us and had the nerve to roll her eyes at me. Who does this bitch think she is? See, this is why I didn't want to come talk to this fool. I never had the time for this shit. I know exactly who this bitch is too. Mya. She been all through this school, everybody had her ass. She fucking with Tyree? Hmph, shows a lot about his character.

"Tyree, who the fuck is this bitch?" Mya asked, standing directly in front of me with her hand planted on her hip.

"Be easy wit' all that, quit makin' a fuckin' scene," he replied between gritted teeth, gripping her arm. 

"No motherfucker, you stay doing this bullshit. You're so careless, and then you have the audacity to do it in the same school?! Fuck you!" She spat.

I'm taken back by the whole scene displayed before me and I wanted nothing to do with it. I walked away from them. So much for talking to him, I couldn't imagine being with somebody like that. Fucking player. I attended my last 2 classes before the bell rang and now I'm free from high school forever.

I didn't want to attend my graduation, because I knew nobody would be there to cheer me on and congratulate me. My dad is always working and can't find time off to even hang out with his own daughter. He's a Psychology professor at Saybrook University. My mother passed away nearly 4 years ago, because she had a brain aneurysm. Doctors don't know what caused it, it happened so unexepectedly. She was so beautiful and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. Our resemblance is uncanny and that's probably why my father can't stand to be around me. I know being a professor isn't that time consuming, he just chooses not to come home. He'll attend Alumni events, stay active in the gym, or stay out late for jazz nights; anything before coming home and having to see me and be in the house his wife died in.

Chris Brown sang from my speaker. I sang along to the lyrics and swayed my hips from side to side. One thing I knew how to do for sure was shake the ass my mother blessed me with. The doorbell rang and I already knew who it was.

"Hey girl!" Trace squealed. We embraced each other.

"You look nice, where are you going?" I asked, taking in her Calvin Klein scent.

"No it's where are we going. Go get dressed." She shooed.

I went upstairs to my closet and pulled out my black lace dress with my Jimmy Choo heels. I needed to find my sparkly black clutch to complete my outfit.

An hour and a half later I was walking downstairs with confidence, feeling like the baddest woman out there.

"Owwww! Look at you Ms. Thing." Trace cat-called. I blushed and shooed her off.

An enormous smile grew on her face. I looked at her puzzled and then the doorbell rang. Who could that be? By then, Trace couldn't hold in her laughter. I waved off her strange behavior and opened the door and there he was. Tyree.