Princess Introduction 😂

An exceptionally long time ago, there was a princess named Adaline, who was immensely rude, unruly, unkind and she was a monstrous brat. The King and Queen didn't know how to deal with her. Therefore, she got everything she wanted. She was their first daughter after all.

Everyone in the kingdom was afraid of her. A rumor went around that she killed Sophia, her nanny. She didn't... Sophia was like a sister to Adaline. Besides, Sophia eloped to the King and Queen's butler, Joseph. No one knows that though... Besides Adaline. The princess was up unusually late at night and Sophia and Joseph were terrible at whispering. "Joseph!" Sophia exclaimed "What if someone catches us out here?! You know no one is supposed to be out so late at night!"  Joseph replied "Sophie, I like to live on the edge. Besides, no one is around." They were standing at the castle's entrance. Adaline overheard the two because her room was right above them. "Joseph, why did you bring me out here anyway?" Joseph looked nervous. "Sophie, I brought you out here because... I wanted you to know, I love you." Sophia gasped. So did Adaline. Noticeably louder. "Adaline!" Sophia exclaimed "Adaline, why are you still up at this hour?" Adaline replied "I couldn't sleep." Gasping again, Sophia tried explaining "This isn't what it l-" Adaline cut Sophia off "Yes it is." Sophia sighed "Adaline, please don't tell anyone. I've decided to elope with Joseph." Sophia turned to Joseph "I love him too" At the mere thought of Sophia leaving made Adaline sick to the stomach. "You can't go!" Adaline stammering, exclaimed "I'll tell someone! If you leave!"

Truthfully, Sophia was the only person who stayed around long enough to develop a  friendship with Adaline. Growing up, Adaline didn't have many friends and it especially wasn't easy for her to make any either. Everyone always turned her away because of her unruly behaviour. Except Sophia. Sophia is kind, humble and especially isn't rude to anyone. Even if that person is rude to her. At first, it was hard for Adaline to open up, because when she opened up to people, they made fun of her for how she is. As time went by, she started telling Sophia everything.

Adaline went into the kingdom one day to buy a mandarin . Everyone was extremely cautious around her. She saw the fruit stand and  walked up to the elderly woman. Adaline ordered her to give her a mandarin. The elderly  woman was quaking. Adaline started getting inpatient and threw her silver coins at the elderly woman and threw some of the elderly woman's fruit onto the ground. She stormed back up to the castle and to her room. Sophia just finished serving the King and Queen their afternoon tea and heard the ruckus. She knew exactly who it was.

Sophia went up to Adaline's room to find Adaline crying on her bed "Adaline? What's wrong?" Adaline lifted up her teary eyed and damp face "THEY ALL HATE ME!" Adaline was so distraught, Sophia nearly didn't understand what she was saying. Sophia tried comforting Adaline "Tell me about it." Adaline sat up and started to explain "I went to buy a mandarin from the the village and everyone was afraid of me. I walked up to the elderly woman and she was so afraid of me, that she was shaking. She was being so slow that I kind of got angry at her." Adaline starting to get upset "I'm such a horrible person Sophie. I threw my silver at her and threw her fruit onto the ground." Sophia understood Adaline.

"If you wouldn't mind coming with me to the village, I will buy you that mandarin" Sophia exclaimed. Adaline agreed and they both went on their way.

When they got to the fruit stand, Sophia went up to the elderly woman and asked for a mandarin. The woman went to give the mandarin to Sophia when she saw Adaline. She pulled her hand back straight away. Adaline waved slightly and grimaced. "Stay away from that one, Sophia. I heard she put a curse on the doctor who delivered her." Sophia usually heard things like this from the villagers. And she always stood up for Adaline. "Excuse me, she's your princess. Please don't speak about her like that. Adaline, come over here please." The elderly woman was flabbergasted that Sophia didn't adress her as the princess, she soon forgot about it as Adaline got closer.

Sophia started explaining "Mabel, please apologise to Adaline." Turns out, Sophia knew this elderly woman's name. Adaline started silently giggling and making faces.

"I'm sorry princess Adaline." Sophia turned to Adaline "Now you apoligise Adaline." Adaline nearly got caught antagonising the elderly woman even though Sophia was fully aware of what Adaline was doing because next to the fruit stand, there was a young man selling antiques and a mirror facing toward them was apart of those antiques. But that's not the only thing Adaline is apologising for. "I'm sorry I threw my silver at you." Sophia looked at Adaline seriously, who knows what she would've done. "And I'm sorry for throwing your fruit onto the ground". Mabel gave the mandarin  to Sophia and Adaline and they both went back to the castle to share it.

(I don't know how to end this part, so I'm just gonna end it on this little note 😂😀 btw how do you do Author Notes?? 😅)

(Have any tips for me as a new writer? Leave it in the comments! ❤)