Chapter 3

Cameron had gotten the update on the situation. There were few of what the original number was, the teaching staff was all gone but the math teacher. As he was getting updated Justus was running around giving orders to our men and handing out what we could to the students. When we came back everyone just looked at me and Kyra as if we were making out by the pond. I could see in Sophia's eyes that she wanted us to date.

We looked around, the building was small but efficient. There was a big open room for barracks, an easy way to get on the roof, and good barriers against all doors and windows. I honestly saw no reason for why they needed help. The kids were nice, Alexis told me most of them were from out of town. The two that tackled me were called Madii and Makayla, the sharpshooter was named Noah, the strategist was named Emilee, and the leader was herself with the second in command Tiffany. As I made short trips around the school I saw sparks of love between some people. Cameron and Tiffany had gotten along well together, Noah and Chris were on top of the roof watching out for anything coming and talking up a storm while nearly laying on each other.

When I tried to talk to Emilee about how attacks around here end up she left the room running and crying. Alexis told me that she had lost her boyfriend in the first attack about two weeks ago. I asked Alexis where Emilee would go, and what she replied with shocked me. "She goes to the place he was killed and then buried: the little woods just east of the parking lot." I could understand why she would do that, I did it myself when Sierra died.

I headed out with Kyra following me, I did not ask her to and it did not bother me. She was nice company. We found Emilee right where Alexis said. We sat there and watched as she cried and places a bullet on the rock, I counted thirteen. She had been doing this for the past thirteen days. When she turned around to leave she about fell down. She did not expect to have us watching her. She even asked why we were here. I could not lie, and ended up telling her about Sierra.

This shocked her, the big hero of the area was able to breakdown and cry for hours on end. This was one thing that no one would probably see or think. In the end we came out knowing about each other very much and Kyra seemed to be anxious about something. I could not tell what, but something was bothering her.