Summer Down The Road

I watch her as she went out of my office. I sighed heavily. Why is she here? What does she want? What is her intention?

        Did she already know that I am the reason why they fell off the cliff?

        I remember the day I first saw her…

        Outside the glass window, a cute little girl was running around the street outside the office of her Dad wearing her white little dress and flats. She’s with twin boys. I was watching her while my mother was having a small talk with her Dad.

        Her long brown wavy hair bounces as she hops and twirls under the sun. The sound of her giggle is like music in my ears. Her brown eyes are full of happiness. The color of her cheeks is a tint of red. To say that she’s beautiful is an understatement. She is wonderful. She is magnificent. She is… a magic.

        I know I am only a kid. A twelve-year old kid. And I can’t explain this feeling I am having right now. I feel my heart flutters. My heartbeat is racing. It feels like my stomach is floating.

        Her father points her when he noticed her. My mother’s face etched into a smile when she saw her. They began to talk about her. Summer. She is Summer Felicity Yeo. She is the princess of their family. Truly a princess. The boy she is playing with is her brothers.

        Her name fits her. Summer. She warms people’s heart. Felicity. Happiness and joy. That is what I am feeling right now.

        I know I am only a kid. A twelve-year old kid. Is this what they call love? If this is it, I'd like to feel this every day of my life. If this is it, the girl down the road… is my first love.