4

Kid Flash

Ok, I know I'm excellent, but I think I really knocked out Jinx with my awesomeness/unpredictability/romantic…ness.

I'm still tugging her hand, and we just crossed the street and disappeared into the shadows of Lightning Lane, and she's just following me. Doesn't say anything, doesn't make any noise, nothing blows up, she's just following me. Willingly.

Oh, wow. That's a first. With her, anyway. I mean, seriously. She's not protesting in any way. Jinx is just sitting there, holding onto my hand, doing what I ask, not tell her to do.

…Geez. I wish all girls were as easy to calm down as Jinx is. All it took was a kiss. Works for me…

Anyway. We're in Lightning Lane; or, to be more specific, we are directly outside the Dead Doorknob (honestly, criminals and the names they choose for everything…), a shady bar where a lot of deals involving drugs and other illegal imports are made. Tonight, a drug dealer known as Mr. Mann (…great name) is expecting a shipment of marijuana that I'm going to make sure never arrives for distribution. The other players: Mann's henchmen/bodyguards/stupid drones, and the importer, Doug Lewis, a.k.a. Kingpin. Don't ask me how he came up with that name, I'll never understand how a criminal's mind works.

But, I understand Jinx, so that means that she can't be a criminal. See? I can mathematically prove that she isn't a villain. By the transitive property, if Kid Flash can't understand the mind of a villain,but Kid Flash understands Jinx, then Jinx is not a villain. Or something like that. I was never one for math. Math is pointless, if you ask me. I think that all you need in life is a girl like Jinx and a good pair of Nikes.

This is where I really tell Jinx the plan. I was going to tell her earlier, but you know what...ahem...happened…and to be honest, I hope that she decides to try to run off again, just so I can hone my persuasion techniques…

If Jinx knew that I was thinking that, she would've smacked me upside the head.

I turn to face her, still holding her hand, and whisper, "Ok, Jinx. There are 2 drug lords and all their henchmen inside this building. All in all, that probably adds up to about 30 guys with guns. I could use some help taking them out. Will you help me?"

She's still quiet, and she just kind of nods blankly. I smile-I must really be an incredible kisser, for her to be so dazed.

"Ok then. I'm going to go in. Count to 10, then come in. I'll probably have disarmed everyone by then. Is that ok with you?"

She nods again. I only hope she's a little more alert when she's dodging bullets and beating up the baddies.

"I'm going in now. Remember, count to 10, then go in. Clear."

And I zip into the building, and start taking out some of the henchmen, one by one.

Jinx

….

…Wow. Kid Flash kissed me! And I...kinda...sorta...really...liked it! Madame Rouge will have my head on a silver platter if she ever finds out about this..

Oh, yeah. That's right. I don't like Madame Rouge anymore. Not after what she did to me, and to Kid Flash. Or…even worse…what did to Kid Flash just to impress her…and he just comes back and kisses me.

Someone upstairs must like me.

I can't believe that I'm falling for a superher—Wait, what? I just heard gunshots. A lot of them. Where am I…?