The realisation

The first week in jail was intolerable to him. He wouldn't eat,drink or do anything. He lied down on the floor lifeless.

After 2-3 weeks when he was shifted to the prison he gradually started in engaging himself to the tasks ordered by the warden; and also started socialising with the people around.

 He was locked up in prison for a long time which gave him time to go to flashback and see his life through...

He went back to the days he just entered the beautiful age of being a teenager. He had started enjoying the freedom he was provided by his parents. His hangouts with his friends. And the most important part; his new cell phone and laptop. He would browse through social networking sites all day long looking for random pretty girls and sent them friend requests. He would waste all his pocket money on phone recharges and expensive hang outs with his or with the new people he met on social networking sites.

One day Altaf a friend of friend showed him a picture of a very pretty girl and said she was in need of company as she was a very lonely person being the only child of the family. Dro took her ID from Altaf and sent her a friend request on the social networking site he used. But took long till Namrata accepted his request.

Namrata and Dro slowly came close. They spent entire day either talking over the phone or hanging around or texting each other. One day she introduces Dro to "Nil!" whom she called to be a very close friend.

Now all 3 of them started hanging out together. 

One day Nil asks Dro to hang out with him alone. When Dro asks why can't they bring Namrata along; Nil says it's a boys hang out and Nil wants to introduce Dro to some of his friends and wants to show him something. 

They went to the outskirts of the city. The place where they went were more of a huge field like space surrounded with huge trees, and was completely hidden from the highway that was just beside it. Dro was completely shocked seeing that place. He was amazed by the so-called "cool" guys there who were busy preparing and/or practicing their stunts. He used that highway many a time on the way to family outings but always thought this was a jungle.

He was completely awed by the stunts everyone was attempting. He asked Nil whether this was what he wanted to show him. Nil agreed.

Dro always fantasized about bike racing and stunts. Dro started visiting their hideout more often. But he never missed giving a regular quality times and proper attention to Namrata as he didn't want to lose her at any cost!

One day while talking over the phone at night with Namrata he finally musters all the courage and suddenly asks Namrata out!! Namrata was dumbfounded at first,and then she softly responds and says that she needs a week's time to think over this. And asks Dro not to call her or text her until she herself does so. 

In the meantime,Dro starts to hangout with Nil in their hideout even more. 

One day out of despair and hopelessness he turns to Nil for some support and advice, "Dude, I took her as any other pretty chick! I never thought I'd fall so deep for her! 3 days back I asked her out,she neither did give me a negative response nor a positive one! Buddy,this anxiety is killing me man!!!"

Nil, "Chill dude! Why don't you do one thing..Try taking up learning some of our bike stunts to impress her?"

Dro,"Are you that'll have any effect on her?"

Nil, "Why not? Chicks these days love guys who are daring!!"

Dro, "Okay then. Sign me up for it.

By the time the week ended Dro became an expert in bike racing and with stunts. He bought a bike to impress Namrata. 

Finally,the big day came and Dro goes with his bike to meet Namrata. They go for a coffee. After a long silence Namrata says, "Dro look, I really like you A LOT! But only as a dear friend. I'm sorry I can't take our relationship beyond friendship!"

Dro shatters into pieces!!! He calls his friend Nil up and tells him everything. Nil gives him some kind of pills and tells him to go home and have them before bed. Dro looks at him with some doubt and that's when Nil tells him that his mother's a doctor and that's how he got them.

The pills seemed to work really well for him. He asks Nil to give him some more...and when this some more became his necessity he didn't realise. He eventually realised that whatever Nil gave him wasn't any nerve soother it was just a plain and addictive drug! "A silent killer!"  But it was too late and he was dependant on it already. 

Slowly,Nil starts introducing new varieties of addictives and he gradually drowned into the dark land off drugs!!

By then Dro and Namrata had stopped contacting each other. One day Namrat meets Dro in a cafe by accident. Seeing Dro in the dreadful condition she couldn't avoid him. She asks him to sit and slowly unfolds the actual reason why she had rejected him. 

She said, "Dro I always had the same feelings for you as you did and I was going to say "Yes" to you that day until I saw the bike. I liked you the way you were..Simple,a li'l geeky,innocent looking but strong. I like guys like that and hence,was attracted to you but seeing such dramatic change in you within a week shocked and disappointed me. If you can change so much in a week there's no guarantee of your love remaining as it is for life! And hence,I said 'no'. And I'm glad I did cause the way you've spoiled yourself......I don't have anything else to say. You know what? You just take care please..." 

After she left Dro suddenly felt the need of his drugs. He calls up Nil and asks him to bring a bunch, though inside he knew what he was doing isn't right but he was no more in his control anymore.