The Loner

Chapter 5 | The Loner

Amanda's POV

After me and Sophie talked, we had a movie marathon and we just hung out. But after a few movies, she needed to go home and rest from crying, so we said our goodbyes.

I went upstairs to my room and I picked out an outfit for the rest of the day. I picked a layered crop top and high waisted shorts. After I took a shower, I just dryed my hair and put it up in a messy bun because I didn't want to fix my hair. 

I went downstairs to find no one because my parents are on business trip in Dubai and my younger brother is at our grandmother's, so it's just me, myself and I.

I was kind of hungry, so I decided on going for ice cream.

My white converse were pretty much my baby other than my penny board so I decided to penny board to the nearest ice cream parlor which is a block away.

When I passed by Jake's house, I thought that maybe it would be nice if he joined me since I was alone, but I saw that Jake's car wasn't there, so I thought that he was playing basketball.

I got there in like fifteen minutes of riding and skating so I was pretty much exhausted. 

I just go my favorite flavor, Double Dutch, on a waffle cone. 

Then when I was going to ride back home, some guys were whistling at me. I just rolled my eyes at them and continued on skating back to my house. 

It was about 6:00 when I got home, so I decided that I would invite the Jake or Joshua over. I just needed to hang with a guy tonight, but not liked a date or anything. Just hang out.

I tried calling Joshua but he said he was busy, so I dialed Jake's number next.

"Hello?" Jake finally answered. I heard some noise through the background, but I still asked him.

"Hey Jake! I was thinking if you would like to come here at my house and hang out?"

"Oh, uhm, I'm sorry Amanda but I can't" "I'm with Nicoel in the mall,"

When he said that, I heard my heart break through my chest. He was with Nicole Gonzales. 

"Wait, are you and her together?"

"Yep! Isn't it great?!"

"Yah, I'm so happy for you" I lied

"Well, talk to you soon bye!" He said then he hung up.

He was with Nicole?

Their dating?

Stop thinking about him Amanda, he's in the past.

So I decided to watch some TV.

When it was dinner time already, I decided I would eat at In-&-Out. But I was lonely, so I called up Sophie to join me.

Me - Hey Soph can I pick you up in 5?

Sophie - Why?

Me - I'm lonely and i'm hungry, so i'm gonna grab a bite

Sophie - Sure!

When I got to her house she was sitting on the front porch. She saw my car, so she walked of the front porch and got into the passenger seat.

"Hey Girl!" She said while turning on the radio. "Really Don't Care" by Demi Lovato was on. We were singing to the song really badly, so we ended up laughing at our own voices.

When we got there, I told Sophie to get us a table and I will order the food. I ordered a regular cheeseburger and a medium coke, while Sophie got a Chicken Sandwich and a medium Iced Tea. Sophie isn't really into burgers.

When we were finished we paid the bill and went down to the beach so we can just hang out and enjoy the moonlight air.

She found a pretty nice spot along the shore line, then we put our stuff down. We took off our shoes and went down to the water. We just made our feet wet because we didn't bring any swimsuit.

We were playing in the water for a while, but I got cold so we just laid down by our stuff and talked about our past stories.

We thought we were alone, but we weren't. I heard a familiar voice. It was a boy. The voice's figure became clearer in sight. It was Jake! But he wasn't alone, he was with Nicole Gonzales

"Hey! Guys! Sophie, Amanda!" Jake yelled at us from a distance.

"Hey," I said blankly, looking away.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked while walking towards me and Sophie.

"Oh nothing really, just enjoying the fresh air and sea" Sophie replied for me.

"Oh okay," "Well bye!" They both said in unison, then waved at us.

Once they were already gone, Sophie asked me a question,

"Are they an item now?" She asked with curiosity.

"I guess so," I said a little sad and blankly.

"Are you okay?" She asked holding my shoulder."I'm fine" then I pushed her hand off my shoulder, "we should get going" I said standing up and going back to the car. 

I took her home and we waved goodbye. When I got home I just took a shower, changed in to some sweats and a shirt, turned off the lights and went to bed. 

HEY SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE. I'VE BEEN PRETTY BUSY THESE PAST FEW DAYS.