Chapter 32

👇Vote. Comment. Share👇✌

"Get off, What the hell are you doing?" Silvia roared.

"Silvia, I am so sorry. She stepped back I didn't mean to," she changed her mind, "No, you know what? I meant it I am not sorry for that gesture but I will apologize for not doing this sooner. I thought if I ignored everything it will turn out to be ok, it will go back to normal but that's not going to happen, we aren't in a normal situation, we aren't a normal family. I was wrong. I should have tried to talk to you even if you hated me I should have behaved like your elder sister that I am. I didn't understand why you were doing those things, but now I do. If I had known you felt this way, I could have done something. You were crying, how could I not,"

I don't want you to understand anything or console me. I have enough people already taking pity me. Your parents have given me just a wonderful life out of pity., for 15 years. And then they took it from because it was no more of a convenience to them. I have had enough of this nonsense. I will call Grams Irene and tell her I am coming home."

"No," Nathan interrupted, "you aren't going anywhere. Ashley is making you feel welcomed in her life why can't you do that."

"I didn't ask her for it, I want nothing to do with her." she scowled.

"Silvia, you better wake up from your dream world. You have to except this life now. We have already been here for months." she shot back at her.

"Enough of this yelling, honey would you please try and understand. We are only asking you to try to make peace with all of this." fed up Victora suspended their yelling.

"All of this is happening because of you'll, you both abandoned her, and you conceived me when you were drunk. I shouldn't have to pay for it, I had nothing to do with your mistakes. That's your baggage. She might mean the world to you, but for me, she is no more than an extra. I don't care for her and you can't force me to." Silvia knocked Victoria out of her way and headed out.

Ashley willing walked out o the way concerned she asked, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean any of this to happen. Are you ok?" Ashley did her best to console Victoria. "Silvia is just mad, she doesn't mean it I am sure. I turned out great, I've no complaints."

She smiled at Ashley's innocence, "Thank you, I guess I know where I stand now. I deserved it. I did abandon you."

"We did, " Nathan added.

"I don't know what to say,"

"You don't have to say anything or forgive us the fact that you are around is more than enough for us." Nathan agreed.

"If you don't mind me asking," she took time finding the courage to say it, "Why.. did you?" embarrassed she kept her head down.

"I'll leave you guys to it" Nathan began walking to the door.

"Nathan, I am sorry I should have tried talking to her long ago. It got this bad because I didn't try to help her. I am going to do better I promise." she sighed feeling ashamed.

"I know you will pumpkin." It never occurred to Nathan that he would have the chance to call her that again. As a baby, Ashley was a healthy child and had yellowish white skin unlike her parents with pale skin. She glowed, looked alive, and giggled every time he called her pumpkin. He couldn't get enough of the giggles. Being able to say it again meant the world to him.

Infuriated Silvia dropped dead on the cold grass in the lawn. She looked at the sky through watery eyes waiting for them to dry off. only other support betrayed her. Silvia desperately wanted to go back, the longer she stayed in the states lowered the chances of her entering into her choice of college. She had worked hard for all her school years to build the perfect record. A few months of transfer can add to her credit but to start all over again meant she loses her chance to enter an IV league college of her own choice with a scholarship.