Prologue

L U P U S D I E R U M

L Y C A N T H R O P E

Prologue:

Exorcist Files

Lycanthrope

Humans that have been processed by Lupus Daemons from the Underworld and have the ability to transform themselves into a wolf-human hybrid, with or without their consent. Because of the human being processed by a Lupus Daemon against their will, Lycanthropy is seen as a disease from Infernum (Hell). The daemons make a contract with the Devil so they are able to leave the Infernum with his consent --either to collect more souls for him or to simply wreck havoc on the world above -- any daemon or spiritus that tries to escape are always destroyed by Satan.

Humans with Lycanthropy generally learn to become emotionless as to not stir the daemon within them. Strong and sudden outbursts of emotion can trigger the daemon to wake up and break out of its human vessel, often killing anyone around it. Lycanthropes can't be killed in wolf form but when the host is in control, depending on the strength of the human, they can be easily killed with a simple Exorcizo Lamina (Exorcism Blade).

Versipellis

These daemons differ from their cousins, Lycanthropes, as they are Lupus Daemons with a strepitu (glamour) of a human so they can hide from Exorcists and the Devil himself. In some cases, these strepitus develop personalities, feelings and the ability to make decisions of their own. When this happens, the daemon is trapped within its own strepitu, like Lycanthropes but are able to destroy the strepitu with the risk of Satan or Exorcists finding them.

Versipellia have the same abilities as Lycanthropes but the Lupus Daemon isn't controlled by emotions as the human was originally a strepitu, an emotionless image. This gives Versipellia the ability to change at will and control themselves when in wolf form, unlike Lycanthropes. These Lupus Daemons can only be killed by a silver bullet to the head or heart.

Lycan

Lycans are more wolf based and can shift appearances when they want. They are more muscular than the other daemons as they don't need a human host to survive. Even without a host, they can still transform into a human or anything they wish as they are Vultus Amoveo (shape-shifter).

Lycans are based in Transylvania as there is a invisible break in the Porta a Infernum (Gate of Hell) where their domain is, allowing them easy access to the world above them. Though this restricts them to that particular area and doesn't let them wander the rest of the world, unlike the other Lupus Daemons. Lycans can't be killed with the same methods of Lycanthropes or Versipellia. So to kill a Lycan, an Exorcist must sever the spine from its body as silver is ineffective and it doesn't have the weakness of a human host.