grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Chapter 2

Usually the first thing you sense when you wake up is the light prying your eyes open in the morning, but for Achilles, the first thing he sensed was the smell of tomato soup. Tomato soup was one of his favorite foods, but he couldn't remember why.

"Achilles... Achilles.. Wake up." He heard a woman's voice in his head. It was quiet but sweet.

"Achilles.. I made your favorite. It's-.. Well, I bet you can smell it already can't you?" The woman laughed softly as she tugged Achilles arm gently then left the room.

Achilles eyes opened slowly as he frowned at his dream. He felt like he should've known who that was, but after finding himself in a strange room he realized he had other problems at the moment.

Achilles was in a smaller room. There was a desk with disheveled papers on it on the opposite side. The walls were a faded green and the floors were a light brown wood. There were many little metal contraptions scattered around the room that glistened from the sunlight that came through the window. The bed Achilles was in had beige colored sheets and was almost too small for him. Overall, the room actually gave off a friendly or home-y feeling. Achilles noticed he was wearing a long baggy shirt with a pair of loose fitting boxers. After looking around he started to feel the many bandages and wraps that were under his clothes.

"What...?" Achilles tried to sit up, but his whole body seemed to ache. "Ugh.." He groaned.

"Don't move too much." Achilles was startled and jumped in surprised, but he slumped back down in pain "Agh!" Achilles whimpered. "What did I just tell you?" Achilles slowly lifted his head to see an annoyed looking man who seemed to be around his age. He wore a loose black t-shirt, much like his own, and a pair of gray sweatpants. He sat at another desk, near the door, drinking coffee. "Who are you?" Achilles asked. "Who are you?" Blaine asked in reply as he slowly took a sip of his coffee. "Um.. well I'm...." Achilles' eyes widened as he couldn't remember. "You don't know?" Blaine asked confused.

Achilles tilted his head and tightened his lips. "I feel like I should know." He said disappointedly. "Who am I?" I'm not sure. I found you in this state- well, actually in a worse state. You were beaten up pretty bad." Blaine looked up at Achilles. His eyes widened when he saw Achilles crying.

Hot wet tears streamed down his red-tinted face. His eyes became puffy as he sniffled silently. "I'm sorry." He murmured as he tilted his head down in shame. Blaine grabbed a box of tissues hurriedly and gave them to Achilles. "I-it's alright.." Blaine scratched the back of his head nervously. He wasn't accustomed to people crying in front of him.

"I don't remember anything, yet my heart feels much sorrow." Achilles wiped his tears while Blaine sat on the other side of the bed. "I'm Blaine. I found you dying on the streets so I took you here, my home." Blaine decided not to tell Achilles that he has actually bought him from a slave owner because he didn't want to give him the wrong idea.

Achilles smiled at Blaine. "Thank you for saving my life, Blaine." Blaine felt his cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "No need to thank me. Just doing what's right." Blaine shoved his hands in his jacket pockets and looked the other way.

Achilles smiled again and grabbed Blaine's arm. "Really, Blaine. Thank you." Blaine felt his cheeks heat up even more, then stood up. "You should bathe." Blaine walked out of the room the shook his head at himself.