Snake

~~~Artemis~~~

"This is gonna be such a pain to get back." The purple haired woman sighed, standing in the doorway of that green haired boy's room. Well, previously green haired, now everything was just golden and frozen. Not much for conversation. It was around 3 am. No one was awake, she might have to seek out some help with moving this, and there was just the person next door. Artemis gently pushed off the doorway and closed the door once again, then walked down the hall to the next room. She didn't knock, that would wake him, she just quietly opened the door and walked over to the figure who was supposed to be asleep.
"Ah, evening Artemis. Or should I say morning?" Alex greeted. He was reading a small but thick book with a reading light duct taped to his headboard.
"Shouldn't you be asleep?" Artemis hummed.
"Shouldn't you be at some 1920's themed lounge, singing? Ms. Jessica Rabbit?"
"You sure have quite the mouth Mr. Big Shot. Though I'm glad you think I sing in an 1920's themed lounge. It's actually a modern bar."
"My mistake."
"Your mistake indeed. Could you make it up with a little favor?"
"Depends on the favor, lady,"
"You'd have to help me move something, but you must keep your big mouth shut about it." She made the motion to pretend zip up her lips.
"I wish your mouth had a zipper,"
"Are you used to that flattery working?"
"Usually. Anyway, where is this think that you need me to move?" he tossed his legs over the side of the bed and set his book down.
"Just this way,"
Thank god Artemis had decided to put the golden boy in a box. She opened the door and pointed to it.
"Well you got the right man for the job, where to m'lady?" The box levitated in what seemed like purple bubbles. The necklace he wore was surrounded with the same and floated slightly. Funny how he still wore that in his night clothes, a t-shirt and shorts. Classy.
"Can you teleport it?"
"Yes."
"51.5074° N, 0.1278° W."
In a flash it was gone. "Lodn, huh?"
"Nothing less. Now, of you tell a soul, you'll meet the same fate as your companion."
"Pardon?"
"Go to sleep, you've got a long day ahead of you."
"I suppose I do." There was suspicion in his voice and face. Artemis waved him off and he walked back to his room.
~~~
It was a bit of a walk back to Artemis' own home, but she didn't mind, it was a lovely night. In a post-apocalyptic world there aren't many clouds and all the stars were bright. But when she got there, thankfully, the box was right inside her living room. Her house was quite big for someone living alone with a cat. There was a housekeeper as well, but, she normally kept to herself. Artemis unpacked the box herself and after a small bit of lifting, set the little golden boy on the couch, then locked the door. Slowly, the golden shine descended from his head down. The now green haired boy took a loud breath and tried to move, shouting out "PLEASE!"
"Please, what?" Artemis cooed, sitting on the stool in front of him.
"Wha- what?" He could move his shoulders now.
"Oh do you want to bargain?"
"Art...emis?"
"Evening."
"Wait....wait, what?"
"What?"
"You were just....we were just...where are we?"
"Hush. I've got a headache and am taking off work for you tonight."
"What?"
"Lucky you, you're ungrounded."
Adam kinda just stared at her with his mouth gaping. Artemis crossed her legs and folded her hands on her knees. "Any questions?"
"Multiple, thanks."
"You passed out, I brought you to my house, now every day you pass out and can only move around at night. And if you leave this house, you pass out."
"I'm going to assume that 'pass out' means turn into gold."
"Look at you being all smart."
"Why are you doing this?" he almost shouted.
"You say that like I'm a bad person, frankly, I'm offended."
"Good. Now explain."
"Quite a bit of bite you've got on your tongue, hm?"
"Answer me!"
"You don't seem to be comprehending the position that you're in."
He paused for a moment, stumbled a bit once his legs began to reform. At that moment he was reminded of his own mortality.
"Er...."
"Thought so. You should be thanking me, actually. The original plan you to leave you like that until it killed you. But I just couldn't let that happen to your cute little face." She pinched his face, and he flinched away.
"That doesn't explain anything."
"You'll figure that out soon enough. Now, shout once your legs unfreeze, I'll be right back." She tapped the tip of his nose, then began walking out, humming a song.
"Wait, wait, what?! I'd like a bit of context here!" Adam shouted behind her, but Artemis closed the door behind her, softly giggling.
"He'll get used to it. If not, well then, so be it."