Tag, you're it.

It was a lovely day in Hearts.
Well, a lovely day for everyone but our two favorite sisters. Both Arti and Divya were still cooped up in Cara's house, both getting increasingly annoyed as each day passed.
Surprisingly enough, Arti wasn't the first to leave against orders. It was Divya.
The girl was being drawn out of her own mind thanks to the constant, unchanging ways of the house and streets. She may not seem like it, but Divya needed some sort of change in routine to keep her going. But on the flip side, Arti would occasionally appreciated a sort of routine. It was odd to say the least, almost uncharacteristic. Ah, bad word.
Nonetheless, Divya was out and about during the busy afternoon on Sugar Avenue, a Street where merchants would sell their wears on the sidewalks. Whether it both or blanket, what they had was always interesting. At least if Divya was kidnapped or murdered, there would be witnesses. Ah shoot. Why did her mind always have to drift to the worst places in such a short time?
Divya shook her head and moved along the sidewalk, glancing at some of the booths as she passed. A lot of the stuff they had didn't really interest Divya. Most just jewelry or paintings or maps that had little use or significance in everyday life. Except for maybe jewelry, which was always fun to make and wear.
There weren't too many booths this time of year, especially not today since it was so cold and even a little gloomy. Divya knew that it would snow soon, though you couldn't tell by the weather. That was just her psychic property, that was virtually useless in most instances. Mainly because she could only use it a few times a day, and she couldn't predict the move that she, herself would make. It tended to be more of a problem most of the time. But it came in handy when avoiding old friends almost bumping into you.
Which was conveniently what happened at that moment. As if he was pushed, Blaine fell over in front of Divya, to which she caught the hood of his jacket so he didn't faceplant. Blaine seemed unreasonably confused for a good few seconds before looking up and straightening his stance. He soothes his hair before saying almost nervously,
"Oh, hey Divya. Long time no see,"
"Glad to see you're still alive with the whole murder thing and whatnot." Divya said dryly, trying to get the point across that she wasn't the happiest with him.
"Oh, yeah. About that...uh..." he began looking around with his eyes—or eye, as if trying to sculpt the perfect lie. "See,"
"I dunno if I want to hear this story," Divya cut him off. He paused for a moment, then sighed,
"Marcus is my...friend of sorts and boss of sorts. I owed him a favor so..." Blaine bit his lip and looked down to the right. He was lying, obviously. But, in honesty Divya didn't want to go through the process of knowing everything.
"Why is your face all scabbed and bruised? Did you fall off a cliff?" Divya pointed out.
"Well, no, the bruises are just on my face, so...well, anyway. What have you been up to?"
Must be a sensitive topic. She'll leave it for later.
"Nothing really, our cousins visited which was fun." Their "cousins" being Felix and Winter.
"Oh, fun! I don't have any cousins. What brings you to the market on such a frigid day?"
"I could ask you the same, Blaine."
"I was just enjoying some time off of work and getting more whip cream for hot chocolate." He smiled sweetly. Divya tilted her head a bit with her eyes narrowed.
"Whip cream? Why not just get marshmallows?"
"The majority will never cease to disappoint me." He sighed, "marshmallows in hot chocolate is terrible. Whip cream is where it's at."
"You're depriving marshmallows of their purpose."
"Their purpose is for baking and s'mores."
"You're a twisted man."
"Wait till you see how I pour the milk before cereal."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah it's more convenient,"
"How do I even know you?"
"Magic and plot devices I guess."
"What?"
"Oh wait, sorry, I write a lot and will sometimes say stupid stuff like that. Not like we're in a story though."
....
So then.
Blaine began to walk down the sidewalk and Divya followed next to him for the sake of conversation.
"You write?"
"Mmhm, it's why I took up the job I have now. I'm working to pay for a novel I want to publish,"
"Excuse me if I'm unfamiliar with all this. I've never taken it upon myself to write. I'm more of a reader, I look forward to seeing your novel on the shelves."
"Thanks."
"What exactly is it about?"
"Oh it's—" Blaine suddenly looked off in a different direction as if someone signaled him. When Divya followed his gaze there was no one there. Blaine shook his head and continued, "Its a pirate book."
"A 'pirate book'?"
"Mmhm," He was suddenly very quiet. Divya looked into the crowd and noticed a familiar pair and turquoise eyes, discreetly watching her and Blaine.