PART 2: The Others - Chapter 11: Not-So FireTalon

Scorch's POV

   Dragons the colors of scarlet red to bronze orange filled the room. Green, blue, orange, brown, and red eyes were all locked on Scorch, he barely felt the pressure. This was a familiar feeling and setting.
   "Son, you must be punished!" Queen Cadenza yeller impatiently. She was loosing it. Her son, Scorch, had disappointed her yet again.
   He made a twisted expression and shrugged his shoulders and wings as if he didn't care. "Mother, its not my fault!" He argued rolling his eyes. He didn't seem to care.
    Cadenza stared at him and tapped her claws on the floor now impatiently, taking a deep breath. "You purposely delayed your boat to the Double Winged Serpent terriories!"
   He knew he was being forced to marry the Double-Winged Serpent princess. It wasn't any secret. He was the one who was to unite the two tribes. The only reason why was because the Serpents were their biggest weakness or enemy as the Queen would say, becoming allies with a weakness would make them able to no longer be threatened. Besides them being a weakness it was to end the war over power of some sort of feather or whatever. He never really payed attention at court.
   No, I did it for a good purpose though. You cant blame me.
   "Giving queen Coral the opportunity to banish your future wife! Along with our only chance to unite fire and water!" She continued, ignoring the way Scorch was itching at the injuries on his fire red scales.
   "But you see-"He started.
   "No! I wont let my kingdom suffer in the talons of my immature son! You too will be given the Curse of the Sea to redeem yourself!!!" She boomed making the crowd of dragons fix their posture and look up at her more intently."
   His face twisted again. "How do I do that?!" He spat out. Never seeming to be able to bite his tongue.
   "You make Anemone fall in love with you and unite the kingdoms as planned!" Queen Cadenza exclaimed, making the rest of the tribe growl and blow their fire. At this point she was doing anything she could to unite her tribe with another, even if it meant to put the worst curse on her own son.
   She's making me look like a fool!
   "Mother! Why!!! WHY- HY- HY- HYyyy..." He screams as she starts spitting out a spell, ignoring his whining.
   He suddenly felt different: his scales felt as if they were burning, which was impossible because he was basically made of fire, his tail felt as if there was some sort of growth on it, and he couldn't feel his back legs. "Whats happening to me!? NOOO-"
   Cadenza watched as his whole body tumbled over. She couldn't help but smile.
    And at the same time, for Scorch, everything went black.
   Anemone....? Ugh... I guess I'm coming...

•   •   •

   Scorch looked around. A blue substance was embedding his body, making him cold and powerless. "Wha? Where... Where am I?" He looked around again, thinking this was a dream. He saw bubbles coming from his mouth as he spoke. "Water!? I'M DYING I'M DYING!" He screamed, flailing his arms and trying to swim up. "Wait... I'm not... Shriveling into a mound of ash?" He questioned himself.
   Schools of fish had been swimming around him, but quickly bolted away when he began screaming.
   He looked around for the millionth time, and looked down. He was floating in mid-sea, and realized... He had a tail. Not just any tail... but a Mer Creature's tail. "What in the name of Solarflame?!" Scorch cursed.
   His tail looked as if it were burnt, and he had every single scar he had before as a dragon. He even saw that his scales gave off a small glow.
   "Oh well... Time to find Anemone." He sighed, then tired to swim, but couldn't. He was stuck there for awhile, staring at the fish that came back around him, but looking around watching Mers swimming in the distance, he soon found out how, and swam towards the glowing light of what seemed a beautiful underwater castle.