3

A/N: The picture is Emi Toma. 

_____

"Blood ties," I whispered to the painting of mama leaning against a wooden chair. Daddy still yet had to place it somewhere in the new mansion we were situated in.

Tilting my head, I moved closer to her picture. I extended my hand to her face, caressing her cheek in a loving manner. "Part of your blood and daddy's blood are in me, which ties our blood together."

My hand dropped limply to my side while I tilted my head to the other side. I stepped back.

"Blood ties," a male's voice repeated. My neck craned over my shoulder. There was a tall person who entered the room.

I turned away from him, uninterested in listening to his story. Rido mentioned that the mansion was occupied by another inhabitant and I shouldn't be alarm by his presence. He didn't bother to introduce him either.

"Toma Emi," the person said, making me exhale. "She was incredibly beautiful."

"I know."

"Who is she to you?" he asked me.

"My mama."

The air became silent.

"You're Kyyra?"

I shifted my attention to the ceiling, briefly wondering when the idle chatter will cease. "Yes."

"I wasn't expecting you to be..."

"..."

"So dull."

I craned my neck over my shoulder, my facial expression of indifference unaffected him yet internally I was taken aback by his childish appearance. He had boyish features with huge dark brown eyes, a roundish baby face surrounded by layered pinkish and purplish hair. His lips lifted in a playful smile.

I blinked my eyes before turning my attention to the painting.

Then, he was standing beside me. His hands were folded neatly behind him. I never felt him move. "You're definitely not one to talk much. That takes away all my fun."

"Your sense of fun is twisted. I wouldn't want you to entertain my daughter," another familiar voice added.

I inhaled a deep breath while my face brightened. Daddy walked to me and patted my head, probably he was rewarding me for being a good girl.

"You know I wouldn't do anything inappropriate to my darling niece," the boyish figure remarked.

"You better not or you won't be around for long," my father responded. Although it sounded like he was making a threat, he returned a smile to the other person.

I frowned as I looked to the other male. Did the stranger mention about me being his niece? Blinking at him, it made sense that we were related. He had same dark brown eyes and the mixture of the Toma hair.

I glanced back at dad and I saw his smirk. "Kyyra," he slowly said my name. There was a hint of humor in his colorful eyes. "This strange person is your uncle. He's your mama's older brother."

I exchanged glances between the males. There was an air of amusement they shared with each other. I wouldn't want to be in the same room if they were plotting evil against someone.

"You are?" I pinned my stare on the figure who was supposed to be my uncle.

"Toma Ejin." He bowed elegantly to me. While remaining in a bow, he lifted his head, a small smile displayed on his youngish looking face. "It's nice to finally meet you my little niece."