the best of me pt.1

Jungkook is walking all over his room that he's sharing with Namjoon, grabbing his hair out of frustration.

Why? Because Jimin isn't talking to him for five whole days now. He tried everything to start a conversation with the older but it seems that Jimin always gives him the silent treatment. He doesn't know what he did but it frustrates him to the core thinking of possible reasons as to why. Jimin is his crush for a very long time now. No, the one he loves is the exact word for that. He doesn't know when it started. It just happened. He woke up one day, can't get Jimin out of his mind anymore. At first, he denied it, that maybe he just admired the older in a brotherly way. But seeing Jimin with the other members, all acting sweetly together and the unintentional skinships, annoyed him in unexplainable reasons. That's when he confirmed he is inlove with Jimin. He wants to be the only reason behind the older's smiles. He wants Jimin just for himself and no one else's. Just his. He did want to confess but in the end, he would always get scared to risk their friendship, especially now that he knows Jimin loves someone else.

How did Jungkook know?

Taehyung, Jimin's bestfriend, told him one night.

Flashback

Jungkook was busy making a cover of Crush's song "Beautiful" when Taehyung just entered his room without even knocking.

"Ya! Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?! Get out, will you?" Jungkook said, glaring at the older then focused his gaze again at his computer.

"Well, I just want to tell you about something very important. It somehow involves you, I think." Taehyung threw himself on the couch beside the door.

"What? Make it quick. Aish. I'm so busy. I need to finish this before this day ends." Jungkook was getting pissed. He had done the recording for a few times already but he's still not satisfied with the outcomes, so he kept on recording the song all over again. It was already the 15th take before Taehyung busted inside.

"Well, Jimin just told me he loves someone." Just by those words, Jungkook's hands automatically stopped from what they were doing. He's shocked and gulped secretly with nervousness. He was about to confess that very day, but hearing this from Taehyung, his mind went blank. He didn't know how to react to that. But what he's sure was that, he didn't feel any good about Taehyung's sudden revelation. Who the fuck is the one Jimin hyung loves? sprung all over his mind. He was in the verge of crying but he tried to suppress the tears. He didn't want Taehyung to know that he's hurting inside so he just pretended that he's sleepy and then rubbed his eyes, secretly removing the tears from the corners of his eyes. Afterwards, he closed his eyes for a while before he faced Taehyung with a forced annoyed expression.

"Why are you telling me this? Well, that's good for him." For some reasons, Taehyung was eyeing him like he's observing the youngest's expressions.

"Well, I just thought you should know before it's too late." Jungkook's brows furrowed at that statement but acted like he didn't even care until Taehyung left his room. His mind went blank once again. He was just about to confess his love for Jimin that's why he's been recording a song. But, hearing Jimin loves someone now, everything was now useless and it was too late for him. He couldn't assume that it was him because he knew Jimin is straight as a ruler. He knew Jimin had been fanboying over Red Velvet's Irene ever since the female group debuted. Now, how should he continue after the revelation? Maybe, Jimin had already fallen in love with the female idol.

A tear again escaped from his eyes as he looked at his computer again, but now with his heart broken to pieces. Maybe, I'm too late.