Chapter 13: Exes and UH OHs

A/N: There have been lots of requests for Jealous Jamie (who is also my favorite), so he's making an appearance in this chapter.

I can't believe how full my heart feels. Jamie and I have been inseparable for the past week. We both missed our intimacy, not just the sex, but the closeness, and have reclaimed it with a vengeance, as if we're determined to never again take it for granted. We are both excited about the girls' arrival tomorrow. Hell, the whole family is excited. Mama has planned a big dinner for the end of the week, not wanting to overwhelm them right off the bat. The entire family is coming, as well as a few close friends who are anxious to meet the girls.

I take another walk through their room to ensure that their princess paradise is complete. I smile to myself as I run a hand lovingly along each canopy bed – one pink (Dulcie's favorite color), and one purple (Elva's favorite) – each with a few cuddly throw pillows and stuffed animals. The book shelf is fully stocked, including a new book from Grandma called Princesses Wear Pants. The closet has a wide array of the most adorable clothes, mostly bought by Mama and Grandma. There is a toy chest, from 'Uncle' Jesse, with a nice collection of toys picked out by Stella and Grace. The newest addition is a miniature table and chairs all set up for a tea party, courtesy of Daddy and Kelly who came over last night. At first, Jamie was concerned about my family going overboard and spoiling the girls, but then he realized this is their way of showing him and the girls, that they are welcome in our family and they want them to feel like they belong.

The 'reading' chair, as I think of it, has been reupholstered and is ready for cuddle time. Perhaps my favorite part is the custom light fixture that looks like a crown with twinkle lights. Emily found it on a trip to Dallas. When she sent me a picture of it, I knew we had to have it. It is the perfect finishing touch.

I can hear Jamie on the phone in the hall bath and I stroll down to check on his progress. He is hanging up when I peek around the corner and I admire the view as he bends over the tub to lay down a slip free mat and attach a corner toy caddy to hold the assortment of bath toys we bought last night. The man has one impossibly fine behind. I can't help but give him a little goose, causing him to jump. "Jesus, baby." I wrap my arms around him from behind and plant kisses along his bare back.

He pulls me around in front him for a rocking hug. He kisses the top of my head and the tip of my nose as he sits on the toilet and pulls me onto his lap. I straddle him and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a real kiss. He pulls my hips closer as he moans into my mouth. He palms my ass, pulling me against him rhythmically and breaks the kiss only to lay a series of sucking kisses along my neck until he reaches my earlobe. He gives it a good lick and then blows gently on it, causing me to shiver. "Let's go take a nap."

I giggle in his lap and move my arms down to scratch his back, causing him to shiver in return. "Not a chance. My kitten is still recuperating from this morning's workout." I feel him smile against my neck and I lean back to bump his nose, "Thank you for that, by the way. I swear I'm still feeling aftershocks." I reach down between us to stroke him through his gym shorts, "But I'd be happy to tuck you in and tell you a story if you want to take a nap."

He puts a hand over mine, stilling it, but holding it firmly to him. "Ummmm, tempting as that is, I promised Zep a run." He nudges me up and stands, adjusting himself absently. I can't help but laugh when he shakes a leg to get his package situated. He takes a look around what used to be his very contemporary, chic bathroom and shakes his head.

I quiz him, "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking it looks like a rainbow colored unicorn threw up in here." He heads out and calls over his shoulder, "We don't have any plans tonight, do we?"