6

"Good day. This is Lucas Sinclair. Mr. Humphrey is currently at work and he wants me to deliver a message."

"Lucas Sinclair? Doesn't ring a bell."

"Oh, uh, I work for him. I assume you're. . .Mr. Hargrove?"

"Yes, this is Neil Hargrove."

"Okay, well, I work for Mr. H for Saturdays to Wednesdays. The telephone at the music shop he's employed in isn't working, so he asked me personally to talk to you--"

"Get straight to the point, kid, I have a lot to do."

"Sorry. So, uh, he wanted me to tell you he received the payment for the sink fixing he did. However he doesn't need payment. Please do accept the money."

"Aren't you too young for being entrusted with money matters?"

"I'm just a student worker, sir. It is my responsibility to offer help–"

"Especially now that's he's at an old age?"

"Mr. Humphrey and I have been neighbors for years, sir."

"Back to the topic. Thanks for telling me, son. I. . . I have a favor. If it's alright with you, would you tell him that it's alright not to give the money back? The sink's fixed and kicking – Neil, you have your boss on the phone – damn, okay. . .uh. . .Billy, take over. This is Lucas Sinclair, a worker of Humphrey's – . . . . . . ."

"Wait, sir, I already told you everything. . . We can both hang up now."

". . . ."

"Hello? I'm going to end the call now."

"Yeah, yeah, well, alright then. Lucas Sinclair, isn't it?"

"L-Lucas Sinclair."

"How would I know if you aren't lying?"

"What? You're asking this now?"

"Who the hell is this?"

"You said my name already. Who ARE you?"

"Billy Hargrove. Don't even think about sassing me you stupid excuse of a rat, I'll FIND you. Are we clear?"

". . .yes. Yes we're clear. Super clear."

"Yeah, and. . . .listen, Sinclair. I have to get going for a date so save all your reports and shit later on."

"Er. . .yeah, okay. Sure."

"Fine."

"Fine, uh, have a safe trip. . . .Wait!"

"What?!"

"Where's – where's Max?"

"What do you want with her?"

"Nothing. To talk."

"Talk about what?"

"A Biology homework. We share the same Bio class."

"What's the question?"

"It's a really long one. Can I. . .talk to her. . .instead?"

"No."