Part 1

The flex cuffs bit into her wrist as the people she had considered friends dragged her away from the courthouse and to the downtown police station. She had thought of the events that had led her to this haste decision. She was just like any other woman. Her name was Katherine Pierce A.K.A Katerina Patrova (Her maiden name before marriage).She was thirty-six years old and she worked at the Seattle Place department and She had a sixteen year old daughter name Nadia, but this wasn't your average every day tale of the women with a perfect life and daughter. This was a story of love, Loss, and Injustice and it had all started six months ago.

She exhaled filling her lungs with air and unlocking her door. She dropped the bags of Chinese food on the table and walked into the computer room where Nadia typed away.

"I got dinner." Katherine announced.

"That's cool."

"Are you hungry?"

"I'm starving actually."

She logged off and they went out of the room to sit at the dinning room table.

"How's school?"

"Same as always. How's work?"

"Well we caught Larson today."

"That's great mom."

"It's always a great day when a criminal is caught."

Nadia nodded eating a fork load of her lo mein

"So how are things with you and Matt?"

Her face lit up at the mention of her longtime boyfriend Matt. They had gotten together in the 6th grade and had been a power couple ever since.

"We're great."

"Any plans for your big day on Saturday?"

Nadia was turning seventeen this Saturday and she had allowed her to either throw her party there, go out of town for a day, or have a quiet dinner with her, her father (if he came), and of course Matt.

"I decided on the party at our house that way I can hang out with all my friends and dad can come if he wants."

"I'll see what I can do."

She nodded. It was the only thing she could do when it came to her dad. They finished their dinner in silence, but she had a feeling that Nadia wasn't done discussing her father.

"Mom."

"Yes."

"Why doesn't dad visit me? I mean I knew he's busy and all, but I'm his daughter shouldn't he want to know me."

Her father was a touchy subject for Katherine, but she still deserved to know the truth.

"We should be grateful you even know him at all. He didn't want us. He chose our career."

"You two work at the same station. I bet it sucks."

"He's a detective and I'm the one who catches them. It's not the same job."

Nadia sighed and put her plate in the sink.

"I've got some homework to do."

"Nadia-"

"Please mom, let's just drop it."

She walked out of the room and she slumped down in her chair.