Part 10

Katherine Pierce stood there in the pouring rain as she held the picture that she hoped would bring Stefan back to her. It was just the first ultrasound of their baby, but she thought this would at least warm his heart enough to at least be there for his son or daughter.

She knocked on Stefan's daughter and he answered it a second later looking at Katherine with eyes of sadness and regret. This would probably be easier than she thought to convince him to stay.

"Katherine, what are you doing here?"

"I thought you would like to see the baby." She said holding out the sonogram.

"I'm sorry Katherine I can't look at that."

"Why not?"

"Because if I look at him or her it will change my mind."

"Would that be such a bad thing?"

"Yes, because it will stop me in my ultimate goal. I'm sorry that this happened to you Katherine, but I'm just too selfish and career oriented to raise this child with you."

"Some people can actually do both."

"I don't want to be a father Katherine. You two would be better off without me. Now go home before something happens to you or that baby."

Stefan shut the door as Katherine sat up in her bed.

She hated when she had dreams like that, but she couldn't let the memory bother her right now. Today she was going to see Bonnie and nothing would stand in her way of getting what she wanted.

Katherine peeled the sheets off her and fixed her hair up so she could drive to Bonnie's house. When she got there the answer Bonnie had given her was less than desirable.

"I'm sorry Ms. Pierce, but I've only ever seen that guy once and he was only at the party, because his car broke down and he needed directions to the nearest gas station."

"Is there anything you can tell me about his description?"

"He was tall, blonde, and handsome. He also had a cross on his left wrist, but I don't see how that would help he was just passing through here to go see his family in New York. He would be long gone by now."

"Thank you for your help Bonnie."

"Ms. Pierce-"

"Yes Bonnie."

"I'm sorry about what happened to Nadia. She was a very good friend and I miss her so much."

"I miss her too Bonnie."

When Katherine got home she hit the steering wheel of her car and screamed in frustration hitting it over and over again. She cried until she couldn't cry any longer. She hated that she had gotten no where so far. By this rate Matt would already be in jail by the time she actually found the killer. And if Matt went to jail this would be all her fault.