Part 12

Katherine put her head in her hands as she stared at the police computer screen. They had put her on paper work duty and she had been bored all day. She had to do something or else she would be driven crazy.

"In need of a good cup of coffee, Ms. Pierce?"

Katherine jerked her head up to see Neil with a cup of coffee about to hand it to her. Ever since she had met Neil there had been something off about him. Something that wasn't right. Katherine gave him a smile and took the cup of coffee.

"Thanks Neil. I really need this if I'm going to get through this paper work."

Neil nodded and left as Katherine threw the coffee in the trash. There was no way that she was trusting this guy with anything. Even if it was with a small cup of coffee. Katherine sighed and went back to her paper work only to be interrupted minutes later by Damon throwing another stack on top of that.

"You've got to be kidding me." She groaned looking at the files.

"Don't worry Katherine the boss is putting you back on the Larson case."

"We got him though. Why are they reopening the case?"

"He had accomplices Katherine, so the boss wants us to cross reference all the suspects and people who were close to him. Including his son who went missing 3 weeks ago."

"Larson had a son?"

"From an ex wife, yes, but there's a hell of a lot more suspects so I would get to it, but I would start with the son first."

"Got it. Research the son first."

Katherine pulled up a google search and typed in Larson's son Giovanni. She looked at his pictures that popped up and something clicked inside her. She zoomed in and looked back and forth between him and Neil. Katherine typed into the police database and took Neil's last name and there was nothing about him what so ever except one single picture of him. She compared them side by side and then remembered what Bonnie told her about the guy she described he fit the description perfectly. And if he stayed in town there must have been motive.

What if people had confused Matt for Neil ? What if Neil was Larson's son? And what if? What if Neil was the one who killed her daughter?