one | the neighbor

one | the neighbor

willow

I heard some engines roaring, bags rolling, and things clinking. What the heck is happening?

I groaned as I arise from my comfortable bed. I prayed and thank God for I am still alive and woke up into another miracle, and I thank Him that it’s summertime too.

I stood up and went to my bedroom window, pushed the curtains to the side and looked outside to see the commotion.

Someone was moving in across the street. It was a relief that the Smith family moved out because, they were a nightmare.

I walked outside of my room and went to Jade’s bedroom, which was right across mine.

I silently opened the door and saw her sleeping peacefully on her bed with yellow comforter. I tiptoed across the room and once I got near to her, I jumped on to her bed and started yelling,

“WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP! SOMEONE’S MOVING IN!”

“Ugh, behave yourself Willow. Hold your freaking horses. Okay! I’M UP!” Jade grumbled.

“Awww, good morning to you too. Now let’s eat some breakfast.” I said.

“Since you woke me up, you’re cooking.” She replied.

I agreed and then went downstairs to cook us breakfast.

Jade, oh right, my best friend. How do I even start describing her?

I waltzed my way to the kitchen and grabbed the eggs and the pancake mix because hey, everybody loves pancakes.

Jade. Jade’s been my best friend ever since first grade. The reason why we became best friends is because of Barbie. We argued which Barbie movie was the best, I said ‘Swan Lake’ is the best but she disagreed and said ‘Nutcracker’ is the best.

I chuckled at the memory while I was mixing the pancake mix.

We both agreed that ‘The Princess and the Pauper’ was the best. Long story short, we became best friends because of Barbie movies.

I poured the mix on to the stove and started flipping it. 3 pancakes for Jade and 3 for me too. I quickly put them on separate plates, one for me and one for Jade.

We just graduated from high school a week ago and we moved in together.

I pour some chocolate syrup on my pancakes while I poured maple syrup on Jade’s.

“Jade! Breakfast is ready!” I yelled. “Yes, thank God” She said from the living room.

“You were sleeping on the sofa, weren’t you?”

“You know me too well, Cassie.”

Sometimes she calls me Cassie because my middle name is Cassandra while I sometimes call her Kimmy because her middle name is Kimberly.

Cassie and Kimmy.

That’s how it always is.

“I wonder who’s moving in.” Jade questioned.  

             Before I could even reply, Ian came barging in. “Hey guys, Kaiden and I are moving in to the house across the street.”

Ian Glenn Coco. Just kidding, it’s Ian Glenn Clarke. We started calling him that ever since we watched ‘Mean Girls’. Ian is Jade’s cousin and we’re all pretty close.

     “IAN!!!” We both yelled and hugged him. He just laughed at us and then told us to calm down. We calmed down and sat down to the seats we had sat before.