two | little tactics

willow

“Kimmy it’s perfect.”

“No it is not. You’re just saying that because you’re my best friend. This makes my butt look huge.”

     I sighed. Jade is always this self-conscious when we go shopping. She always asks for my opinion because she said and I quote, “You are a fashionista. Even though you don’t show it, your styles, suggestions and everything just screams fashion.”

   It’s not that Jade has a horrible fashion sense but she prefers my opinion. Hey, that’s what best friends are for, right?

  Jade and I are currently in a girly shop. Jade said that she needs new clothes. Everything here is so, I can’t even explain it. She’s wearing this light blue dress that compliments her curves without showing off too much. It brings out her hazel eyes and her tan skin.

     “It’s really fits you, Jade. It brings out your eyes, which is important and I’m sure Kaiden won’t take his eyes off you when he sees you in this dress.”

    “Shut up, Willow.” She said through gritted teeth. “I don’t like him that way.”

 “Okay, okay.” I said while laughing. “Buy the dress now! It looks great on you. I thought you said you prefer my opinion? Buy it now!!”

Jade sighed and said, “Okay, thank you Willow!!”

    I really like going shopping with Jade. It’s really a stress reliever. I just can’t stop thinking and planning on how to get those two together. Matching people, for me, was not that hard but right now, it is. Are my skills rusting?

  It was never really hard. I matched my un-biological cousins, heck even my aunts and uncles, and all of those were just as easy as throwing a stick. Why is it hard now? Well, I never really matched Jade with anyone else and I don’t really know Kaiden that well. Can my assumptions be wrong? Are they really meant to be together? How can they-

“WILLOW!!” Jade screamed that made me snap out of my train of thoughts.

She gave me a pointed look that says, ‘You’re doing it again.’ I just gave an innocent smile and she just rolled her eyes at me whilst saying, “Let’s go, I’m starving.”

We headed to the mall’s food court.

     “I don’t understand why you’re buying new clothes.” I said after drinking my water.

“I’m running out of new clothes and plus, there are new trends! You’re a fashion guru or something, you should know this.” She replied.

   “Well, I’m sorry if I prefer thrift shops other than expensive stores.” I said and then sticking my tongue at her.

   “That’s one of the many reasons on why you’re so good with clothes. You can just take someone’s junk and make it into something beautiful. I applaud you my friend.”

  “Ah, thank you.” I said in an Elvis Presley voice and we both laughed at it.

    “Oh, and I think you need to buy a new bikini too,” I said and then ate another spoonful of ice cream.

    “Yes! Thank you for reminding me,” Jade said with her mouth half full.

     “Yep, you’ll wear it this Friday?”

      “Friday? Where are we going?”

I laughed as her confusion grew, “One, you sound like Dora and two, we’re going to where your family cabin is.”