Chapter 3

Finn carried me into the Packhouse. Behind us, over the sound of my wolf howling in pain in my head, I heard a lot of shouting and commotion. My brother carried me into the meeting room, which was soundproofed. We were closely followed by others, but my head was still spinning and I couldn't focus on who they were. Finn laid me down on the sofa and my mother was quickly by my side. She hugged me tight and stroked my hair as she sobbed. I heard the door burst open and the room was filled with shouting.

"What the hell was that, how could you do that to her?" I heard my brother growl out.

"Be careful how you talk to me Finn, remember I am your Alpha now. You answer to me!" Aaron growled back.

The sound of his voice struck me in the check like had been shot. Tears burned my eyes, as my wolf whimpered inside me, trying to claw her way out.

"Aaron you need to give us an answer, everything seemed fine this morning. What changed? How could you hurt and humiliated your mate in such a public way?" Gerrald's voice filled the room. "How could you humiliate me and our pack in such a way?" 

"Don't act so innocent father, I think you did that enough yourself in your younger years don't you think!" Aaron snapped, filling me with confusion. "It about time this pack was taken seriously and to do that I need a strong mate. We need to form alliances with packs stronger than us and that's what did. The Bridgewater Pack are our strongest neighbouring pack, we could learn from them. They could make us great."

"You could still form your bloody alliance without hurting my sister in the process. She would have done anything for you, she would have been a Luna the pack could respect!" Finn shot back.

"Don't be so ridiculous Finn, why would they respect her as Luna when they couldn't even respect her as the daughter of the packs Gamma. You know well enough what everyone thinks of her, you've heard the whispers. She's weak and too timid, she doesn't belong and she most definitely doesn't belong at my side!" Aaron growled, earning himself a threatening from my father and my brother.

"Take that back, she is not weak. She is one of the strongest people I know. If you can't accept her as your mate I can not, no will not accept you as my Alpha. You had better find yourself a new Gamma!" Finn roared, making me cover my ears with my shaking hand.

The room went deathly quiet as Aaron's laughter filled the room. 

"How stupid can you be Finn," Aaron laughed. "You're not going anywhere, you don't get to decide whether or not you are my Gamma I do. I am the only one who can relieve you from your post. For father is well respected by the packs I need you, well you name anyway. You will be my Gamma whether you like it not just for appearance's sake." 

"The packs will see you for what you are a heartless pig," Finn growled.

The sound of Aaron's fist breaking my brother's jaw filled the room, making feel sick to my stomach. 

"I told you to be careful how you spoke to me," Aaron growled before spitting on my brother. "Now get him out of here and take that with you. Get it ready to get off my lands. I want it gone as soon as possible," with that I Aaron stormed out of the room.

"Please Roger believe me when I say I knew nothing of this, I am just as shocked as you are," Gerrald said to my father.

"I know old friend but there is nothing we can do now, he is the Alpha of the pack now and it can not be taken back now. We will begin the preparation for sending her to the Outlands," my father replied, with pain and sadness evident in his voice. 

"If you need anything, anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask for help. I feel so badly for you all right now," Christine, Aaron's mother said softly.