Chapter 2: Apirl 24, 2036

I felt my body slip free of my mother's body. I felt the warmth of the heating lamp on my hide. But yet my body was cold.

"She not breathing!" Said Lindsay.
"Lindsay, you got to save her! If not for me, then for Frosty!" Said a worried voice, who I learned was Carly.

"I will for you and Frosty." Said Lindsay.

Two sets of hand started rubbing me hard. One set on my neck, the other on my chest. Something was strapped on my muzzle. Cold , fresh air filled my body. The set of hand on my neck, squeeze my throatlatch.

Ack!! I cried.

I started coughing up a storm. I look around the stall. My eyes fell on a mare in the hay.

Momma! Momma!! I cried.
My mother did not move.

"Lindsay, bring the filly here." Said Carly.

Lindsay and another girl,who I learned was Maddi, picked me up and took me to my mother's head.

Momma?  I said.

My Froststella! I will always love you. But I have to go away. Please my child don't blame this girls here. They are nice girls and will always treat you right. Please look after Carly, she is special to me. Said Frosty. Frosty turn and looked up at Carly.  Carly please take Froststella away.

Carly called. "Maddi, Lindsay, take the filly to Frost Daimond's stalll. She foaled earlier, but he was a stillborn."

Lindsay and Maddi picked me up and took me out in to the aisle.

Mama, Mama!   I cried.

An old long hair cat walked up.

Hush little filly. You will wake the whole farm up. Carly and the girls will take good care of your mother. By the way my name is Cocoa. This little kitten is my adopted son Cocoa Jr. But everyone just calls me Ol' Cocoa.  The old cat said.
The girls led me to a stall with a young mare in it.

Hi there my Sister. My name is Frost Diamond. I will take care of you now. We have the same mother. Please don't call me your mother. Just call me Diamond.

With that she pushed me to her side so I could nurse. After I got my full, I collapse in the fluffy straw. Just as I was falling asleep, I saw Frosty come into the stall. She nuzzles me told me to run hard in all my races. The spring       wind blew threw the window taking her with it. Me and Diamond started to cry. At last I fell asleep.