Prologue

The sun shone down on the kids playing in the large garden, giggling ensued as the two girls play fought. The eldest, tall for her age, tackled the youngest, a short black haired girl with a noticeably sweeter face. Both girls sparked in the sun, watched by their parents.  The parents, Mr and Mrs Black, were both contented enough to trust the eldest girl to leave the youngest in her care, just so they could nip down the road to drop off something for a friend. Unfortunately both of them had to go.

"We'll be back in five minutes, please take good care of Elizabeth" The mother's voice was smooth and sweet.

"Yes Mummy" The older siblings voice was more like her fathers, rougher than it should be. And so the parents left with a final hug and kiss, leaving the kids to play with each other.

After five minutes had gone by the door opened again, but not to the cheerful laughter the parents were expecting. Cries echoed from the back of the house where they had left them. The parents rushed.

"Elizabeth what's wrong?! Tell me!" The father clung the youngest in his arms.

"Damien?! Where's Damien?!" The mother screeched, loosing her warm tone and replaced it with urgency.

"Sh-she turned into a big monster" The little girl shook in her fathers arms.

"Don't worry Renesmee, I'll get her" The fathers tone was reassuring, realising what his youngest daughter was saying.

"Hurry Jacob" That was all Renesmee had to say before snatching the younger child from her husbands grasp. The man ran to the edge of the forest and turned into a wolf, bigger than the average. His copper coloured fur tousled in the slight wind. The wolf howled before making his descent into the forest that surrounded the edge of the back garden. What Mr and Mrs Black did not know is that their eldest daughter was not so easily found.