Chapter 5: Complicated

“When did you come back, Charlotte? Why didn’t you tell us, especially me, that you were coming to visit?” Braden asked through all the loud music. I had to strain to hear what he was saying but I managed.

“Well, it was kind of a whim. It was unexpected, and I decided I’d come here for a vacation,” I shrugged indifferently, purposely leaving my sick sister out of it. Braden didn’t question my explanation and his grin deepened. He took me by the hand and led me to his friends.

“I’m glad you’re here,” he said and I squeezed his hand. I really did miss him; I even remember having a crush on him when I was younger.  I stared at the back of his head, that was covered in soft dirty-blonde hair and I realized I wasn’t attracted to him in that way. I didn’t feel that way about him. I couldn’t afford to have feelings for him.

He sat me on a chair, as he introduced me to his, I figured, 20 year old friends. I greeted them with handshakes, and they welcomed me with smiles but they quickly returned to their drinks. It didn’t take long until Braden got really drunk as well, grabbing a girl in some skimpy dress and started making out with her.

I turned around and covered my eyes; I didn’t need to see that. I didn’t even have my first kiss yet, well, I wasn’t counting that awkward kiss I had with Henry from sophomore year. I looked over to where the boys were at, still drinking, and they were really, really drunk. Niall was on the table dancing, while Harry and Zayn danced and sang to the the new Pitbull song. Liam was talking to a friend of his to the right of him, and Louis was full out dancing with every girl on the dance floor.

What am I supposed to do now? I wiped the sweat on my brow; it was really hot in here. I would go outside to take a breather but security weren’t going to let me in. I sighed, I might as well change back to my “boy clothes”. I grabbed the bag that consisted of my clothes and made my way to the bathroom.

Before I could open the door to the bathroom, someone bumped into me and I fell to the floor. I grimaced as I felt the pain shoot from my leg. I turned around in anger, “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

Instead of some clumsy American, Harry was there standing in front of him. Oh God, what did he want.

“Sorry,” he murmured, I shook my head at him and started to open the door to the bathroom again until a large hand stopped me. I turned to Harry, with a scowl on my face. He was really drunk, I should hurry and change so I can get him and the others back to the hotel.

When he finally let go of my arm, I mentally sighed in relief. I was going to bid him goodbye, but he stopped my words as he trapped me placing his hands on the wall right next to my face.  

“What do you think you’re doing?” I asked, ready to snap. I wanted to go home, but I couldn’t ignore my heart racing in my chest. A part of me wanted to push him away, while the other part wanted him to kiss me. This was bad, really bad.

Harry stared at me with those piercing green eyes, and a moment passed until he crushed his lips with mine. His lips were soft, and I just stood there in shock. His kiss felt nice, however, and it stirred a deep fluttering in my stomach. His lips moved over mine, and I put my arms around his neck to pushing him down, so he was closer.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, and he groaned. When I felt his tongue trying to open my mouth, I panicked and finally pushed him off me.

“Oh my God,” I said breathlessly, and I ran into the bathroom locking the door behind me. I fell against the door, and slowly sat on the floor.

What are you doing? What the hell do you think you’re doing, Charlotte? You kissed the boy, that your sick sister has been dreaming to do for years. You don’t deserve to do this, she’s dying and you’re going around and kissing Harry Styles?