Chapter one

The night left a deep chill in my bones that I couldn't seem to shake off. Pulling my coat closer to me as I walk through the deserted streets of Harrison Michigan. When its night Harrison looks like a ghost town, where evil dead souls can do what they please. Stop signs are sprayed painted over, cracks in the sidewalks, vines slowly crawling up the buildings, the wind whistling, blowing harshly making the leaves tumbling in my way. Shadows dancing on the side of the buildings.

Shivering, I walk faster. Soon I'm full out sprinting, making my way home. Taking a shortcut I make my way through the ally. I'm almost at the end of the ally when I hear a bottle drop and roll across the opening. Freezing in mid-step I fall over.

"Fuck, that hurt," I mumble to no one in particular. A trash can nocks over making a scream escape past my lips. This is it; this is where I'll be killed. This is my ending. Goodbye cruel world...

"Meow." I guickly look up, seeing a black cat coming from behind the trash can. His tail is high in the air and he's purring. Glaring daggers at the cat, I get up, rubbing my hands on my pant legs. The cat starts rubbing against my pant legs. I try to take a step back, but it just kept coming back. Damn cats!

Not wanting to be in the ally anymore I say "ah, fine!" Grabbing the cat, I run out of the ally. I hate cats, but I want to get the hell out of there! Its just too creepy.

Running through Mr. Hen's yard I came face to face with a white house and red roses around it, home! If Mr. Hen's knew I went through his yard he would have called the piggies (cops), saying I 'crushed' Hus precious grass! Sometimes I walk on his lawn on purpose, but don't tell anyone! The cops are getting sick and tired of coming out here every time I step on his lawn.

Running up the steps, the cat is still purring. Dropping the keys more than once, I finally get the door open. Once I'm inside I slam the door shut and locked it. Letting the cat go from my death grip, my back slides against the door, until I'm sitting on my butt.

The cat crawls into my lap, outstretching his claws while he stretches. His claws go through my pant legs. "Ow, you son-of-a-bitch!" I yelped. He just looks up at me and purrs. "I hate you," I whisper.

Sighing, I start petting the cat. He starts rubbing his head against my palm. Smiling, I get up with him in my arms and make my way upstairs. Opening the first to my left, which is my bedroom.

My room is mostly black and red. Black walls that are covered with photoes that I've taken over the years and couple of posters of Icon for hire, skillet, evanescence, and the pretty reckless. I have red carpeting. My bed is red with black pillows.

My house is all black and gloomy in the inside. The funny thing is, is that on the outside its colorful and cheerful. Its sorta like those fake bitches. On the outside their beautiful, but on the inside their ugly. Their monsters on the inside!

Putting the cat down I run to my bed, jumping on it, I sigh happily. Nightmare-that's what I have decided to name him- jumped on the bed. Bringing him closer, I pet his black soft fur. I know I hate cats but this cat seems okay.

Thank god my uncle isn't home, because his three dogs-Missy, George, and RR- would LOVE to find a cat in the house (note the sarcasm). I will just have to hide him from them. Yep, that's what I'm going to do.

My uncle and I live alone, but right now he's in London at some kind of art show. I have lived with my uncle since my parents died in a car accident, four years ago. That was when I was thirteen (I'm seventeen now).

My uncle says I look a lot like my mom. I have her black curly hair with natural red lips. I have curves in all the right places. From my dad I got his bright honey eyes and his tallness.

My uncle told me that my parents had a hard time naming me. So I was nameless for three weeks until they did eni-menie-minie-mo in a bay book. The name their finger landed on was Alesia (Al-Lee-see-a).

Tears slowly slip down my face, making their presence known. I miss them so, so much. I wish they were here.

As if sensing my grief, nightmare purrs and snuggles into my neck, rubbing his head against me.

Chuckling softly, I pet him. Curling in a ball with him. Soon my eyes start to get hevey. Before I know it, I'm out like a candle being blown out.