Ten

"She didn't kill herself," I said. "Someone did it to her!"
"Also she wouldn't be that stupid to hang herself where everyone can see her," Lucy said.
"What are you guys talking about?" Lana asked.
"Nothing, Lana. Go to bed, it's late," I said.
Lana rolled her eyes and walked to her room. Me, Luan, and Lucy were all in my room, talking, but mostly thinking.
"There has to be so much more than her just hanging herself! But she's gone... so we can't ask her," Luan said.
"Maybe we can go back and look at the cameras, that'll show us something. But I know there was something in that building, I... felt it," I said. "Maybe we can sneak out tonight."
"That's a far walk," Luan said. "Are you sure?"
"I'm positive," I said. "Then we'll head home."

~~~

Lincoln couldn't sleep, or was he asleep? He couldn't tell. Where ever he was, he didn't want to see anybody. He just wanted to hide at the end of the hallway, the only door.
He heard his sister call his name, but he ignored her, instead he opened his eyes and looked at her instead of responding.
But the weird thing was, she saw him. She was the only person that has ever seen him since he's been in this place.
She went to hug him, and she fell, and he closed his eyes again. He squeezed them shut, he knew what he was and what would happen to him. But he knew the only way to set him free was the death of one of his siblings.
Lincoln walked down the hallway with his eyes closed, but he could still see the hallway.
"Lincoln?!"
He opened his eyes and quickly walked into a room.
"Lincoln!"
"Hello," Lincoln said, sitting on a bed. "Have you seen anyone?"
"Just one. Your sister was looking for you, brother Lincoln," the little boy said.
"I know, she saw me," Lincoln said. "And I have to make sure she never does again. She can't get caught up in everything."
"I understand Brother Lincoln. But how will you keep her away?" The little boy asked.
"Someone has to go."

~~~

The night was warm as Luan and I walked to the orphanage.
"I wonder what the rest of our family is doing," I said.
"Thinking about us," Luan said. "I heard you yelling at Lynn, why?"
"She..." then I realized my plan for telling everyone who I really am didn't work. I couldn't tell Luan now, could I? "We got into a fight."
"What kind of fight? Ever since we moved you've been avoiding each other," Luan said.
"She doesn't like the fact that I'm different," I said quickly. "I miss Sam."
"I miss Maggie. She had a party last night and I missed it," Luan said. "And I couldn't even tell her."

"I was supposed to do a project with Sam, but I couldn't," I said. "I wonder if she's mad, she hasn't texted me yet."

I saw Luan shrug at the corner of my eye. We kept walking, and I could slightly feel my legs sting.

"You left your phone home, right?" I asked.

"Uh, no. Why?" Luan asked.

"Dude! They can track us down! If Dad calls the police, they'll find us by tracking your phone! You have to throw it somewhere, take it off course," I said.

"My phone?! I can't do that. Mom gave it to me," Luan said.

"Then hide it in that little patch of woods over there," I said, pointing. "If the cops don't track it down, we can get it when we come back."

Luan sighed and walked to the little patch of woods, and placed the phone in the woods. "Hopefully we see Lincoln when we get there," Luan said.

"I saw him when we were there yesterday," I said. "And then he suddenly dissapeared. I went to go hug him, and he was... gone? I think that all boys orphanage is on to something, or one of us is.

---

"She's dead," Lincoln said, closing the door behind him.