Prologue

A girl with hair the color of the midnight sky, and that went a little past her shoulders. Her eyes were an unusual violet, and she had pale skin, nearly the color of snow. She wore a blue, short cut dress, slightly big on her with a pair of tattered jeans seeming big as well.

Her name was Emyllin Slater. She would often get teased by the other kids who called her a vampire and phantom and other sorts of things like that. Mostly she stayed away from the other kids as much as she could, but it's hard to stay away from someone if you live in the same place.

Emyllin sat on a windowsill staring out the window streaked with raindrops at the water falling heavily to the earth. She was at Ms. Brown's orphanage for young girls. She had been there since she was 3 and had been orphaned. Her parents had died mysteriously. One day they were going on about their business and the next they were found dead in their house, no trace of blood or physical damage, but holding a stick of wood each. No one knew how they had died.

Two girls walked past Emyllin muttering something about vampire and little witch. The girl on the left, with deep brown hair and blue cold eyes said to the girl on the right that she was closely walking next to,

"Careful! It's the demonic witch! She might curse us if we get too close." After the other girls passed her, a tear traced its way down her pale cheek.

She was 6 and a half when she first saw this evil, fat woman called Marge Dursley. That was the day when Emyllin got adopted to what would quickly become a place of bad memories, but before that, her life.