Too real to be good (Bonus)

(lil bonus because some people do not like open ends^^ also because this is my most read work atm and I'm very happy and grateful)

(warning: contains smut)

It's the oddest deja-vu moment Minseok has ever had in his life so far and for a second he just stands there, his hand still on the doorknob, his eyes fixed on the young man before him and his mouth probably half open. Jongdae is no longer in his police uniform and he almost looks like a different person. The black hair that was neatly tugged away under his uniform hat earlier is now tousled and a few strands fall onto his forehead. His whole face seems different. Brighter. Friendlier. Warmer. Jongdae is smiling. That terribly cute smile from earlier and somewhere in the back of Minseok's mind a voice yells that he should just shut the door again. Of course he doesn't listen.

"You actually came back?!", Minseok almost shouts once he has regained the ability to speak.

"And you actually turned down the music", Jongdae replies. Joking, a smile on his face, still looking terribly cute. For a second Minseok is not sure anymore if this is really the stern, serious police officer from earlier but then he spots the metal handcuffs dangling on his belt, falling onto his thighs and he has to swallow down the lump that is building in his throat. Minseok is clearly not drunk enough for this anymore and the sudden courage that made him flirt with Jongdae earlier is gone, replaced by the dull throbbing of an approaching headache. He just wants to get away from all of this.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I was drunk, I didn't really mean any of it. You shouldn't have come back for me", Minseok mumbles, avoiding direct eye contact with Jongdae who just chuckles.

"I know you were. I deal with drunk people almost every other day, but I really wanted to come back here."

"Why?", Minseok asks bluntly, Jongdae chuckles again.

"Because you're cute", he simply replies. The way he says it makes it sound like a casual remark. A sober observation rather than a compliment. Smooth little brat.

"I'm probably older than you", Minseok quickly tries to brush it off. He sure won't let the other notice that his heart might have just skipped a beat and he is doing is his best to ignore it himself. Don't let it affect you.

"You don't look like it at all", Jongdae delivers the next blow and Minseok desperately fails to dodge it. Again he can feel his heart jump and heat rushing to his cheeks and he wonders just when he exchanged his emotions with some silly high school girl that gets flustered the second a guy shows her any kind of attention. Maybe Minseok should just swear off the alcohol for good.

"Anyways. I was about to leave", Minseok tries to quickly end the conversation before it can get even more out of hand.

"Can I at least bring you home then?", Jongdae asks and Minseok quickly shakes his head.

"I'm here with a friend, he's going to drive me home."

Minseok turns around to spot said friend in the next room, a girl dressed up as Harley Quinn on his lap and his tongue down her throat. Jongdae's eyes follow his gaze.

"Is that your friend?", he asks and Minseok reluctantly nods. "Well, it doesn't look like he is going to get you home anytime soon. So either you stay here and wait until he is done with her or you let me take you home."

Minseok weights both options against each other for a moment, neither of them sound really appealing to him right now. It's either waiting for his friend to finish trying to suffocate the girl with his tongue and going home with him (maybe even both of them) or letting the police officer drive him home whom he has flirted with and made some very indecent remarks about his handcuffs earlier.