Chapter Ten

A moon later, Yellowfang had told Cedarstar that she had smelt kittypets killing their prey.

Hal and his friends, Raggedpelt thought in shock.

Raggedpelt is sent on a patrol along with Yellowfang. The cats journey to the Twoleg place. Raggedpelt unsheathed his claws.

My father can fight me if he wants. He thought. Immediately, they a bunch of kittypets, but none of them were Hal. Raggedpelt noticed Yellowfang encountering Red, and he barreled in, standing tall over the small orange she-cat.

"Don't say anything," he snarled to Red, hinting about the night he and Yellowfang came to visit.

Raggedpelt was then lost in images of fighting. He had been in battle before. This was nothing new.

A few cats were injured, but Raggedpelt only had one of two scratches.

"Those kittypets are tough huh?" Scorchwind sighed, licking his wounds. Raggedpelt gulped. Scorchwind didn't even know about Hal. Raggedpelt realized darkly that he had grown farther apart from his brother than before.

Even after everyone got injured in the battle, there were reports of a badger coming into their territory. Raggedpelt was listened on guard for most of the time. Suddenly, as he was standing with Archeye and Stonetooth, he heard pawsteps.

It's the badger! Raggedpelt screeched in his mind, unsheathing his claws, expecting the giant black and white animal to move out. But instead, Red and Boulder pushed out of the bushes, surprising everyone.

 But instead, Red and Boulder pushed out of the bushes, surprising everyone

(Raggedpelt tensed, ready for the badger to come out)